Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

8999 Views 54 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2012 2:01 AM by psammead RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 Previous Next
  • cheeseheads86 Amateur 14 posts since
    Oct 8, 2012

well on week 2 allready but still love to join in on the fun!! im 45 over weight.  want to lose some weight and hopefully gain a new hobby here. 

• amott Rookie 3 posts since
    Oct 16, 2012

I just started this week as well!! Glad to see so many other people doing it too.  My name is Alexis, I'm 23 and looking to get into shape.  I'm aiming to run a 5k this december and a 10kby my birthday in April!

• SBShelly Amateur 9 posts since
    Oct 14, 2012

I did it!   I ran the first time and didn't fall!  I came so close to giving up after the 4th time of running.  So glad I kept with  it.  My

left heel started to both me.  I had plantar facitis 5 years ago so want to be careful.  I might go back to the running store

tomorrow and see about getting some new inserts.  Anyway, this is so great that people are joining in. Jenn, thank you for

getting us going.  I will probably be changing my running days to Mon and Wed cause Tuesdays are usually crazy

for me.  I have to say I was sort of self concious...being 56, fat and awkward running at the park...but oh well. 

I did it and am proud of it!!

Oct 16, 2012

Congrats to you Shelly!! Sometimes the hardest part is just that first run.

• psammead Amateur 10 posts since
    Apr 24, 2011

You're lucky to have a park to run in and in no time you'll be waving at other runners and maybe even overtaking them

I did W2D2 today. I was feeling quite smug at the half-way mark and thinking maybe I'd try to carry on a bit longer after the 90 seconds.  No chance! Coming back was much harder than going out though I think I could have done one more run (well, jog). And I even resisted the temptation to buy beer at the convenient shop across the road from my house But isn't it a nice feeling to flop down in front of the telly physically rather than mentally exhausted?

I've been pounding up and down a reasonably busy road near my house. I think my first goal is to feel confident that I can keep going a few minutes at a time so I'm not too embarassed to run in my local park where I'll almost certainly meet people I know

Oct 8, 2012

great job psammead!! im doing W2D2 tomorrow morning myself.  i run around a little lake witch is 2.5 mls around it.  and good part is no stores between me and the lake so no beer stops    good job to all this week so far lets all of us keep it up.

• MStaackmann Rookie 2 posts since
    Oct 15, 2012

I did it!  Started yesterday as planned. It felt great - more so mentally than physically! I was very happy I did the first work out and did it completely. But - wow - I am out of shape. Amazing how a 60 second run can wear you out. Not sore today as I expected, so I am looking forward to tomorrow.

• SBShelly Amateur 9 posts since
    Oct 14, 2012

Day 2 run done - yea!  My heel seems ok...this time ran on the treadmill...think that's better than the

park right now.  Feels more anonymous.  Needs to stretch more.  So will head to the resources

page. Love reading the posts.  Today at work I used a soda can to roll under my foot like the

guy at the running store said to do...will do it again tonight.  Ok...on to Day 3 of week 1 on

Sunday.  Yea!!

Oct 16, 2012

Completed W1D2 today!!  I run on a path alongside a very busy road.  There are actually a lot of runners in my neighborhood so I was nervous at first but then I thought, who cares?! I'm out and I'm getting active, thats whats most important.  I was SO sore the day after my first run, and I was still pretty sore today.  But all of that went away after I ran, I didn't feel sore at all.  It started raining during the end of my run and I felt pretty epic, like I was Rocky or something

Looking forward to W1 D3 on Sunday! The BF and I are celebrating our anniversary by going on a nice hike Saturday morning. Hopefully that doesn't make me too sore!

Congrats to everyone, keep it up!

Oct 8, 2012

well completed week 2 now.   gonna start up week 3 monday cause gf and I are doing a 4 mile walk for breast cancer awareness saturday morning.   Well good to see everbody doing good.   keep it up!!

• Charlie B054 Rookie 9 posts since
    Apr 15, 2007

Count me in, I started on Tuesday and did w1r2 yesterday.   I am 41 years old woman and trying to get back into running after quite a long break, this is my second attempt this year as I injured my knee by overdoing it (starting at week 3 and as it felt good at the time running for 20 minutes straight in week 4).  And as I am suffering from a little knee soreness after only 2 runs I might be doing this very slowly, but I am determined to do this and hopefully become a runner for life (thats the plan anyway).

• psammead Amateur 10 posts since
    Apr 24, 2011

You and I are at the same stage, Cheeseheads86. I did W2D3 this morning. My app restarted after about 10 minutes which was a bit annoying - I was feeling very smug about how easy a jog was and then I was told to walk for 5 minutes . In good news, I went a different way from normal (gosh, I just said that going running was normal ) and I found a tiny little park I didn't know about. I think I might just run round and round that - it will only take about two minutes (it really is tiny)  but it made me feel like a proper runner to be on grass.

Week 3 looks quite a big jump - not completely confident about being able to run for three minutes at a time but I guess it doesn't have to be very fast running...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...