Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1423 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 21, 2012 12:22 AM by 64spokes
skypilot77 Legend 1,077 posts since
Dec 16, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 18, 2012 7:00 PM

Man Runs Entire Baltimore Marathon In Flip Flops

BALTIMORE (CBS Baltimore) – Runners searching for the perfect pair of sneakers may want to try and run in something different — flip flops. Keith Levasseur ran the Baltimore Marathon on Saturday in 2:46:58 and did all 26 miles in flip flops. “I had every intention of sticking to the race plan of finishing a little under 3:00, so my initial pace starting gout as 6:40-6:50,” Levasseur told Runner’s World. “After a few miles, I decided I go with whatever pace I could comfortably run, even if it was faster than my target pace. I know there are some decent hills later in the race and I didn’t know how I would be doing from a time perspective at that point, so I gave myself some wiggle room by letting go on the downhills and cruising in the 6:00s.” Levasseur was the 29th person to finish the race out of 3,024 runners. He said others noticed his footwear. more --> http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2012/10/18/man-runs-entire-baltimore-marathon-in-flip-flops/

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...