Skip navigation

873 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2012 6:41 AM by BOSNPM RSS
lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,375 posts since
Jan 18, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 20, 2012 12:03 PM

20 Oct - Sat

8 miles this morning. As ready as I'm going to get for MCM.

Len

• thefirecat Community Moderator 2,779 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    1. Oct 20, 2012 9:03 PM (in response to lenzlaw)
    20 Oct - Sat

Me too on "as ready as I'm going to be." This isn't going to break any records. Haven't run since getting back from Boulder--I immediately got the Trapped On An Airplane With You People plague. Fortunately I've been able to fend off the worst of it. I feel pretty ok. That's the good news. The bad news is, the congestion is all in my throat and upper chest. I've got no voice to speak of (or with) and am starting to think about developing a cough. NOT OK. Drinking Jack Daniels with lemon and honey as I type.

This weekend is the Runner's World Half Marathon and Running Festival here in town. I'm seriously bummed. I was supposed to run at least the 10k, had maybe considered the half for about ten seconds before I talked sense into myself. Didn't, given my current plague. Did, however, get to hang out downtown with Bart Yasso (who lives more or less down the street from me and grew up LITERALLY down the block from my apartment) and hear Matt Long speak. That was fairly epic.

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

• BOSNPM We're Not Worthy 2,482 posts since
    Nov 20, 2007
    2. Oct 22, 2012 6:41 AM (in response to thefirecat)
    20 Oct - Sat

Nice, hope you are completely healed for Sun!  I spoke with Bark Yasso last year at our local race, enjoyed talking with him very much!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...