Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1486 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2012 11:47 AM by BradW44 RSS
Charlie B054 Rookie 9 posts since
Apr 15, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 19, 2012 2:38 AM

Starting the C25k but sore knees

HI

I have tried to start running using the C25k plan a couple of times this year.  In the summer I stupidly skipped a few weeks and overdid it and sprained the ligament on the inside of my right knee, now 4 months later I have started again from the beginning (Week 1) and am noticing slight soreness in the same place on my other knee(both very slightly during and after).    I have been icing my knees after every run so far (all 2 of them)

I had a gait analysis and new shoes prior to the last attempt in the summer.  I am not overweight and my knees have never been a problem before this year.

I have been trying to do some strength training exercises (wall squats and demi plies) on the days I haven't ran.

Just wondering if I should continue with the plan, stick on week 1 till the soreness recedes, just walk for a few weeks and continue with the strength training or any other suggestions.

I am determined to get back into running as I have always loved it so I don't really care how long it takes.

Thanks, Charlie

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points