Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

582 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2012 10:56 PM by rcuriel
Dark-Horse Legend 285 posts since
Dec 16, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 22, 2012 4:19 PM

Runs & workouts, Monday, October 22, 2012

5 miles on the treadmill, 1% incline, in 45:00 (9:00 mile pace).

The round numbers make me very happy. Not that I am compulsive or anything.

5 minutes walking before and after.

Dark Horse

I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

• Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    1. Oct 22, 2012 5:06 PM (in response to Dark-Horse)

So D.H., did you have to speed up of slow down towards the end of your run to make those numbers work?  lol  Nice run btw, and I have to ask, how did your first day back at work go?

I rode the mtn bike today, 6 miles on the trail.  Nice & easy in 34 minutes to keep my sore foot moving.

I'm surprised at how sore I am after just a few miles with the walking sticks.  Once I'm back running again, I think I'll work those sticks into a couple of workouts each week.  I'll Nordic walk 2 miles on the railtrail, toss the sticks into the brush, run another 2 miles (the railtrail is 10 miles long) before turning back, then finish with another 2 mile walk after picking up the sticks for a total of 8.

The sticks work muscles in your hands, arms, shoulders and lower back all the way down to your butt.  Combined with running, who knows, maybe I could be the new Mr. Universe or maybe break 4 hours in a marathon...

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

• rcuriel Pro 178 posts since
    Mar 2, 2011
    3. Oct 22, 2012 10:56 PM (in response to Dark-Horse)

Good workouts everyone. 

Took Sunday off. 

3.0 miles today, 23:21.  Mile 1 @ 8:38, 2 @ 7:50, 3 @ 6:53.  Raining today so on the treadmill.  Giants win!  Gotta love it!

Ray

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...