Skip navigation

1299 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 23, 2012 7:28 PM by Rebound23 RSS
Rebound23 Pro 99 posts since
Mar 16, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 22, 2012 10:50 PM

Being a guard

How you all doin'? I have a little problem. I will most likely be playing a guard position this year. The problem with that is that I don't really have any guard skills I mean I can dribble great and my drive is best on the team but I lack passing, and leadership ability. As well as shooting. It's good but not really shooting guard worthy. So do you any of you guys play Point or Shooting? If so, do you have any tips or advice that you could give to help me out a little? I need to learn how to dribble against a full court press as well as leadership and passing. Most of my turnover are from bad passes. I just need a few pointers and maybe some experience but anything helps!
(Oh I can also play some good D)

Bio: 5'5in   135lbs (ain't fat)   Gr.9  

• TylerMcMahon425 Rookie 3 posts since
    Dec 13, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Oct 23, 2012 6:39 PM (in response to Rebound23)
    Being a guard

Actually I play guard for my school to,,, But see I can pass, dribble and do all the stuff you can't. Some tips i would give you on being a guard is WORK ON YOUR LEFT HAND... Passing, dribbling, doing lay ups, See, I couldnt help you breaking the press, it really depends on how good the D is but whaat my coach tells me is when you are breaking the press, make one move and go... So what he is saying is jab step, throught legs, then cross over,,, But Only ONE move before the cross over... Hope it helps...  Good luck... Actually I'm 5'7 and in 7th grade

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points