Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1919 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2012 9:29 PM by morefit
morefit Rookie 3 posts since
Oct 22, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 22, 2012 5:02 PM

running and walking - counting miles

Hi. I started running recently for the first time in my life. I'm doing all runs on a treadmill. Today I also bought a pedometer that's due to arrive this week. I'd like to start tracking walking and running miles. Anyone interested in joining me?

Jen

• jeb6294 Pro 75 posts since
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Oct 22, 2012 9:40 PM (in response to morefit)
    running and walking - counting miles

I know there are a number of us that use Nike+, or something similar, to track our runs.  I used to use the one that goes with an iPod which is basically just a fancy pedometer with a sensor that goes on your shoe and the iPod keeps track of your steps and turns that into all kinds of fun info, i.e. distance, pace, calories, etc.  Since the battery in my sensor finally died I'm using the Nike+ app for my Droid which uses GPS now instead of a sensor so it doesn't work so well if you're on a treadmill.  This morning I did w6d1 of couch-2-5k and I went 2.92 miles with an average pace of 13'37"/mile.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...