Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

625 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2012 3:47 PM by Dark-Horse RSS
rcuriel Pro 178 posts since
Mar 2, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 23, 2012 2:34 PM

Runs & Workouts, Tuesday, October 23, 2012

10.3 mile 1:27:30 .  first 5 in 42:24 or 8:29/mi, mile 6 @8:18, mile 7 @8:28, mile 8&9 in 17:22 or @8:41/mi, mile 10 @8:11, last .3 @9:30/mi.  Weather was cool and right hamstring was a little tight for most of the run.  DH might be correct about right leg being weaker...

Ray

• Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    1. Oct 24, 2012 4:22 AM (in response to rcuriel)
    Re: Runs & Workouts, Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Nice run Ray, strong the whole way. 

D.H. is right about a lot of things, but we'll keep it to ourselves, wouldn't want the guy getting a swelled head...

And speaking of D.H., I wanted to mention the woman on the news today who wanted a day off from work.  Not wanting to call in sick, she called the cops instead and told 'em she'd been abducted, then robbed.  They had photos of her after being arrested, poor thing was just too creative for her own good.  So there you have it D.H., don't call the cops when you want a day off... lol

I did 2 workouts today.  A 3 mile nordic walk early, then a 5 mile mtn. bike ride late.  My foot wasn't bothering in the first mile of the walk, so I decided I'd test the waters by jogging a little in the second mile and sank like a rock.  No harm done, but my foot's still got me on the disabled list. 

And I think the odds of me being the new Mr. Universe are about as good as me winning the lotto when I haven't bought a ticket.

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

• Dark-Horse Legend 285 posts since
    Dec 16, 2007
    2. Oct 23, 2012 6:09 PM (in response to Rich in NH)

Good workouts, men.

Ray, I want to run 10 miles when I grow up.

Rich, I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Visited the gym tonight:

Stretching

100 pushups

100 situps

Then I lifted heavy things and put them down again for a while. Look for me at the next Mr. Universe contest.

Dark Mare is out of town for a few days. Dark Colt and I are batching it.

Dark Horse

I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

• Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    3. Oct 24, 2012 4:25 AM (in response to Dark-Horse)

Dark Horse, being wrong about being wrong makes you right, right?

And good luck batching it, which of you is doing the cooking?

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

• Dark-Horse Legend 285 posts since
    Dec 16, 2007
    4. Oct 24, 2012 3:47 PM (in response to Rich in NH)
    Runs & Workouts, Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Rich in NH wrote:

Dark Horse, being wrong about being wrong makes you right, right?

And good luck batching it, which of you is doing the cooking?

Rich, right!

This is how the cooking has worked this week. In the morning I drive through McDonald's on my way to the Guard. Dark Colt makes himself oatmeal in the microwave for breakfast. At lunch, the school cafeteria feeds Dark Colt. The Guard cafeteria (manned by prisoners) feeds me. I eat the main course, and make a garden salad which I bring home for Dark Colt's supper. Also I cook something more substantial for supper. Last night it was chicken pot pie.

However, tomorrow (Thursday) I am home again. Monday through Wednesday this week I was getting paid to do annual training days. It turns out I can't actually start the real Guard job until all the hiring paperwork is processed, which takes longer than I realized. So I may be home for a few days or several days, depending. Or I may be back at state Guard HQ as early as Sunday if the approaching tropical storm looks like it may hit Massachusetts. My life is rich with uncertainty.

Dark Colt

I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...