Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

476 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 29, 2012 10:16 AM by Rich in NH RSS
Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
Dec 10, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 29, 2012 9:43 AM

Runs & workouts, Sunday October 28, 2012

Yeah, I know, it's Monday...lol

Hey Ray, congratulations on the Giants' win, they took care of business in a hurry, didn't they?

Hurricane Sandy is closing in on New England, should be interesting how this all plays out.  Dark Horse, I think you're going to see worse weather than I am, stay safe.

One quick comment about blow flow and an injury.  Blood is the healer, it brings nutrients to an injury and carries away waste.  The better the blood flow, the quicker an injury heals. 

Sunday's workout was 8 miles on the mtn bike riding the railtrail.  Time was 39:05

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

• rcuriel Pro 178 posts since
    Mar 2, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Oct 29, 2012 8:41 AM (in response to Rich in NH)
    Runs & workouts, Sunday October 28, 2012

Rich, Good to see you're still working out.  You might try the hot/cold treatments on your foot.  Supposed to improve blood flow.  I've got a book on foot injuries I'll have to find it and send you the title...

The 1/2 was third one this year, was injured before 1st (these only 1/2's I've done) and not really prepared and ended up walking for a good portion (2:14+).  2nd was in Sept and did well (smart, even), 1:48:34.  This one chose wrong shoes, too warm and didn't run smart (didn't use my gu's, barely drank, etc --- lost my car key!).  Nutrition is important and just didn't do that right this time.

SF Giants!  2012 World Series Champions!!!  Feels good.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...