Skip navigation

530 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 29, 2012 8:52 AM by Lou_B RSS
CoachTurnkey Amateur 12 posts since
Mar 5, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 26, 2012 2:47 PM

Titling or Total Redraft

Just wondering if Little League has changed or plans to change TITLING players and go with REDRAFT method for all Leagues? I know it was a topic at one of our meetings last season, I just don't want to be surprised with a short notice.

Our league Titles players, but some parents are asking if they can tryout to be REDRAFTED? 

Can that be made an option when they are signing up? Would it be too much trouble?

• Lou_B Community Moderator 1,319 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Oct 29, 2012 8:52 AM (in response to CoachTurnkey)
    Titling or Total Redraft

Titling (Plan A) and Total Redrafts (Plan B) are still both "Approved" Options for Player Selections.

LL has presented "Mandatory Redrafts" at LL Congress but it was defeated.

Many people complain about how LL "mandates" how to do things and at my round table that was basically what was discussed.

Let the local league have "options" on how to select players and let the local league decide what works best for them.

As for players "being released" in the off season so that they can go back into the draft next season, that is already allowed (the manager requests the release and Board approves/rejects it). 

As for parents requesting releases - don't let the inmates run the asylum !!! 

What it the parents of the best 2 or 3 players from the same team request to be released, is that fair to the manager?

Look at this "TIP" from the LL Website:

http://www.littleleague.org/leagueofficers/Tips_Successful_League/2011-2012/Winter-ReleasingPlayersBeforeSeasonBegins.htm

Of course, one way to resolve this issue is to redraft every year !!!

Redrafting has the best chance of balancing the teams from year to year.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...