Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1160 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 30, 2012 4:27 AM by Rich in NH RSS
Dark-Horse Legend 285 posts since
Dec 16, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 29, 2012 11:59 AM

Runs & workouts, Monday, October 29, 2012

Good to see everyone back posting over the weekend.

4 miles on the treadmill, 1% incline, in 35:55 (8:59 mile pace).

5 minutes walking before and after.

Dark Horse

I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

• Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    1. Oct 29, 2012 2:45 PM (in response to Dark-Horse)
    Re: Runs & workouts, Monday, October 29, 2012

With the storm brewing, today was pretty laid back.  I got on the Nordic Track machine for 15 minutes and that was it for the day.

Our lights have flickered, but haven't let us down yet.  The wind and rain have been severe at times, but it's been off and on.  REAL glad I don't live in N.J. right now.

I took a picture of these guys this morning, 4 mature wild turkey gobblers.  They're standing right where the coyote was a couple weeks ago before I ran him off.

Tom turkeys 002.jpg

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

Dec 10, 2007
    3. Oct 29, 2012 4:39 PM (in response to Dark-Horse)

That's weird the medical officer would speak to your boss without talking to you first.  Maybe that's not SOP, but I'd want to know what was being said about me just the same.

I love lobster, you're lucky you can find it at that price.  And it sounds like Dark Mare is the sensible one in the family D.H., grains of sand in your teeth? lol

Oh yeah,, I was in the Marines, so lame a$$ is pretty tame...lol

NH's got over 100,000 without power.  If I were a betting man, I'd bet ours will be out by morning, the wind's really blowing!

• rcuriel Pro 178 posts since
    Mar 2, 2011
    5. Oct 29, 2012 5:24 PM (in response to Dark-Horse)

Weather sounds like fun!  Wife is afraid of weather and we used to pick the darkest wettest hours to drive around and see what was happening around us.  Funny, you'd think we'd like to view accidents, but nope - just mother nature.  Stay safe.

Been having problems here at work with our phone switch and the call/repair centers are all back east and closed.  So, it's affecting us out here too!

Looks like it's going to be the treadmill for me later tonight.

Never served, but did get appointments to both West Point and Annapolis, but decided to go to Stanford.  Mom really wanted me to go to Annapolis - Grandpa was a navy man...

Ray

• rcuriel Pro 178 posts since
    Mar 2, 2011
    6. Oct 29, 2012 8:54 PM (in response to rcuriel)

Hope you're both surviving.  Started with a 1 hour 3.5 mile walk on the treadmill, followed by a 3 mile jog at 27:45.  Legs felt like lead.

Ray

Dec 10, 2007
    7. Oct 30, 2012 4:27 AM (in response to Dark-Horse)
    Runs & workouts, Monday, October 29, 2012

D.H., words in the C.C.R. song describe me pretty well back when I was young, "It ain't me, it ain't, I ain't no Senator's son." 

The Army was trying to draft me back in the day, but even at my tender age I knew Vietnam was in my immediate future, so joined the Marines to get what I thought was the best training available. 

Obviously, I survived the 13 months over there, but was thankful when the Marines gave me an "Early Out" to get rid of me.

Hang in there Ray, you're still recovering from a tough race... 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...