Skip navigation

897 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 30, 2012 9:58 AM by BOSNPM RSS
lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,270 posts since
Jan 18, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 29, 2012 11:35 AM

MCM 2012 - The Race Itself

I did MCM with Sara, a friend who posts here as The Firecat. I was still feeling my sore throat but my lungs felt clear - no problems breathing. Adding to our shortcomings, she had her gall bladder removed about 6 weeks ago. So we went at her pace. We did cross the finish line. But we missed "the gauntlet" (around 17.5 miles) by about 5 minutes.  At that point they "divert" the runners to help them catch up, but ask that you don't take a finisher's medal. That cut 2 miles off the course and made it a DNF. Talking as we walked, (Sara's ex-GB was limiting her running) we decided we didn't feel like wandering through Crystal City, an out-and-back section, since we already DNFed (MCMers will understand), and that cut another 2 miles. So we did a 22.2 mile run/walk of some sort, crossed the finish to get our water and food, but didn't take the finisher's medal.

Along the way, we helped rescue a guy who cramped every muscle in his legs all at the same time.

All in all, still a decent run for two sickies.

Len

• BOSNPM We're Not Worthy 2,481 posts since
    Nov 20, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Oct 30, 2012 9:58 AM (in response to lenzlaw)
    MCM 2012 - The Race Itself

You two are still hero's in my book!   I help a lady around mile 15 that fell out, she was having a sugar issue not a runner but a spectator, that made my day I was having some mental issues before that but that clear them up quickly.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...