Skip navigation

570 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2012 7:23 PM by mommamel2811 RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 4, 2012 5:49 AM

Try Hockey for Free Day - TRAC Ice Pavilion Reviews

Share your experiences with the Try Hockey for Free Day - TRAC Ice Pavilion below Back to event details page.

• Ymanmommy Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 4, 2012
    1. Nov 4, 2012 5:49 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Try Hockey for Free Day - TRAC Ice Pavilion Reviews

First, I want to thank all the people that made this possible! It was an amazing experience! My son Wyatt loved it!!!

Now, I would recommend this to ANYONE that truly wants their child to succeed with hockey. Their program they run there is amazing! My son will be starting with the classes tomorrow and I can't be more thrilled.

My son was going to Toyota Center for practice for skating... it's unfortunatly a joke and over priced! My son was teeter tatoring back and forth with being able to skate after just this one visit he was making goals and  doing drills! Also he was geared up! At Toyota Center all they request is a helmet. He wasn't learning anything!

THIS IS THE BEST PROGRAM I HAVE SEEN FOR KIDS!!! JOIN THE FUN!

• aedwards20 Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 4, 2012
    2. Nov 4, 2012 9:12 AM (in response to Guest )

Awesome program! My son had been wanting to try hockey for quite some time and this provided us the perfect opportunity. He LOVED it! I would highly recommend anyone to try this, even if they are not really interested in playing full time, this was a fun way to just try out the sport. Well done to all those involved and thanks for making it such a wonderful experience. It was so great that you had so many people there to help so each child got one-on-one attention and practice. We will be back next year!

• mommamel2811 Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 8, 2012
    3. Nov 8, 2012 7:23 PM (in response to Guest )

I want to start out by saying this was an amazing opportunity you made available to the community.  We have been wanting to see if our 4 year old son would like hockey without spending all the money so we immediately jumped onto this event.  We were told that it's no problem he didn't know how to skate, they would teach him.  My son also has sensory issues along with a speech delay and we were told that this was no problem that there are children with special needs in the program.  The lady who helped get his gear on was so nice.  When he was out on the ice, two different coaches tried to teach him to skate, not spending much time with him or working with him like the other coaches were with the other kids his age.  Both coaches became very frusterated with my son and quickly got him off the ice.  One coach told my husband that my son "was very frusterating."  My son is bigger so I'm hoping that the low patience level was because they thought he was older?  My son did say he wanted to play again but wants mommy and daddy to teach him to skate first.  I don't want to complain too much because it was a free event and we will probably try it again next year after we teach my son how to skate.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...