Skip navigation

1198 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2012 7:09 PM by Kzai01
stonecipher Rookie 1 posts since
Sep 21, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 18, 2012 4:53 PM

Injury Help!

Im a freshman basketball player at a small D3 school. I sprained my ankle bad a couple of days before our first practice (Monday). Our trainer has made me sit out this entire week of practice to do rehab and such. I feel like I could maybe practice but I probably would only be about 50-60% right now. The worst part is our roster has almost 30 kids on it right now so everyone is trying to compete to get on the travel squad. Due to having to sit out, I feel like I am falling behind/being overlooked, plus, I just hate having to watch; I want to play!!

Any help or suggestions? I know I need to listen to the professional trainer...

• 23AllDayEveryDay Pro 155 posts since
    Aug 1, 2011
    1. Oct 18, 2012 7:03 PM (in response to stonecipher)
    Injury Help!

what i did when i broke my ankle was for cardio i rode a stationary bike and lifted as much upper body and lower body as i could handle with the ankle. i also did ball-handling in chair or standing still. If you continue to do this through the injury, it will stand out to the coaches of the travel squad that you wanna get better and compete. Also take time to watch film and review playbook. Basically im saying you should rest it from pracitces but do the things i mentioned to stay in shape and in fine tune with the team and show the coaches your ready to work. Hope this helps!

• Kzai01 Amateur 30 posts since
    Oct 26, 2011
    2. Nov 5, 2012 7:09 PM (in response to stonecipher)
    Injury Help!

I hear you what I did was rehab in class, yeah i know wierd, but i did stuff like writing the abc in the air using the ankle I sprained. Also to maintain my level of play I studied alot of nba games paying attention to every detail, free throws cause if you make em like 90% u'll have a great jumper, and ball handling. hope this helps

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...