Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

454 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2012 4:29 PM by Rich in NH RSS
Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
Dec 10, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 7, 2012 2:29 PM

Runs & workouts, Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I walked to the railtrail today intending to run, but pulled the plug a 100 yards into it and walked home, my sore foot just wasn't up to it. 

Rather than do nothing though, I spent the next 30 minutes alternating between the treadmill and Nordic Track machine.  I worked in 5 minute sessions, first one machine, then the other, the idea being to work my sore foot and loosen it up.

Now we'll see what tomorrow brings...

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

• Dark-Horse Legend 285 posts since
    Dec 16, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Nov 7, 2012 3:16 PM (in response to Rich in NH)
    Runs & workouts, Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Rich, when I read about your travails, it's like deja vu all over again. I've been there. In fact I'm still there, just not as bad right now as I used to be.

5 miles on the treadmill, 1% incline, in 44:28 (8:54 mile pace).

I would have liked to run faster and farther, but the pain in my right knee and right hamstring suggested that I back off. Which is hard for me to accept, because once I get warmed up, my natural cruising speed is 7:xx, and I would like to run farther than 5 miles. But I'll take it--things could be a lot worse. :-)

Dark Horse

I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...