Skip navigation

650 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 18, 2013 11:39 AM by Corey Duberstein RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 8, 2012 4:38 PM

THE GATHERING Reviews

Share your experiences with the THE GATHERING below Back to event details page.

• gmbb32 Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 8, 2012
    1. Nov 8, 2012 4:38 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: THE GATHERING Reviews

Mike and Dory are more than most directors!  I have had the pleasure for the past 7 years of being a host sight for the gathering tournament.  And i have hosted a numerous tournaments and have learned that Mike understands the importance of an event and goes to great lengths to ensure that when i team comes to our community that they are well taken care of. I don't say this lightly, if you are putting your schedule schedule together looking for established well run events. I encourage you to play every event Mike runs, here in Pasco or anywhere else Mike is going to run a tournament your teams will have a great sports experience!

• Iluvbaseball33 Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 14, 2012
    2. Nov 14, 2012 9:42 AM (in response to Guest )

I encourage you to play in any and all events run by these guys. Thery are first class all the way. Nobody cares and has the experience they do running events. Hopefully Mike will run more events this year, they are the safest bet out there. Oh, and his awards, nobody has the creativity they do. I just feel it is important for other coaches to know with all the tourneys to choose from and every year we have a few that are run by well meaning folks but they are extremely frustrating. Mike,and his wife Dori (don't let her track you down for pitching records) run a first class event and genuinely care about the needs of everybody there.

• Corey Duberstein Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 10, 2009
    3. Mar 18, 2013 11:39 AM (in response to Guest )

Tournament directors advertised a 4-game guarantee on their own website, then changed it to 3 games the week before the tournament and did not provide the option for return of registration fees.  Tournament website also states "teams can always expect the highest quality awards with individual awards to 1st through 3rd place".  Highest quality awards is debatable, 2nd place teams received an 8x10" piece of black acrylic plastic with the tourny graphics screened on along with "2nd Place".  Certainly creative, but I thought the execution as an award plaque was lacking and I'm not sure what one would do with this award-frame it, put it on a stand, mount it on a plaque?  True to the website, individual awards were provided-a stretchy rubber wrist band.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...