Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

524 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2012 4:08 AM by Dark-Horse RSS
Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
Dec 10, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 8, 2012 12:17 PM

Runs & workouts, Thursday, November 8, 2012

I extended today's railtrail run to 4 miles, splits were 10:49, 9:42, 9:40 and 9:35.  My bad foot's sore, but not in a way that would make me think I've done something to aggravate the injury, it just aches.

I got on the scale this morning for the first time since the marathon 5 weeks ago and I'm up 6 pounds.  Note to self: Don't eat like you're running 70 miles a week when you're injured...

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

• rcuriel Pro 178 posts since
    Mar 2, 2011
    1. Nov 8, 2012 2:25 PM (in response to Rich in NH)

Rich,  Easy does it.  Good run.  Have to watch my weight, but the opposite - have to make sure I eat enough.

6.2 miles today. 54F today and started raining as I walked out the door.  Guess I like the cooler weather, first 3 miles in 25:34, mile 4 ~8:00,

mile 5 8:07, mile 6 7:42 and final .2 @9:20/mi Total 51:15.  Guess the day off didn't hurt.

Ray

• Dark-Horse Legend 285 posts since
    Dec 16, 2007
    2. Nov 9, 2012 4:08 AM (in response to rcuriel)

Rich, you are NOT following standard advice to stay off your bad foot as much as possible. I'm not blaming you for wanting to run, just sayin'. Hey, I didn't follow the standard advice either, which is why I've had PF for four years now. The only thing that has helped me, is getting out of teaching, so I'm not on my feet all day. Now that I'm not standing on those hard classroom floors all day, my PF is getting somewhat better, even though I'm running a little.

rcuriel wrote:

Have to watch my weight, but the opposite - have to make sure I eat enough.

Ray, you know everyone hates you now, right? I have to say, if you are over 50 and you struggle to keep your weight up, you are a freak of nature. I mean that in a good way. Of course, it is always possible that you have an intestinal worm, or some undiagnosed wasting disease. I myself am notable for my slim and elegant figure, but I can only maintain it by starving myself. When fat people talk to me about their struggles with weight, they always end their monologues by saying, "... Of course, it's easy for you." Apparently their logic goes something like this: "I am fat, but I deserve no blame: it is a random fate assigned to me by an uncaring universe. You are thin, but you deserve no credit: it is also a random fate assigned to you by an uncaring universe." On a deep level they may be right, but I like to believe my efforts at self-discipline have something to do with how I look.

Dark Horse

I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...