Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

379 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 9, 2012 9:24 AM by EllenBryanKulp
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 9, 2012 9:24 AM

8th Annual Benefit 10K Run / 5K Walk for Louisa May Alcott's Orchard House Reviews

Share your experiences with the 8th Annual Benefit 10K Run / 5K Walk for Louisa May Alcott's Orchard House below Back to event details page.

• EllenBryanKulp Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 19, 2011

This race has potential to be awesome, but is not quite there yet. First, the course is indeed flat except for one very large hill--not to complain, just wish they'd have mentioned that.

No mile markersalways a frustration. The start was very haphazardthey didn't make it clear when/where runners versus walkers go.

Running through places with a lot of cars, and at times, you were 2 inches from a car with no traffic officer in sight. Then, a football game was going on at the high school, and cars for that were in the MIDDLE of the home stretch

Lastly, they timed me at 30 seconds faster than I ran (not to complain...but) so their timing was quite off.

I do hope they can organize this much better, because it's very pretty and festive and I'd love to see it become a better event!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...