Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

695 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2012 4:45 AM by Dark-Horse
Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
Dec 10, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 10, 2012 3:07 PM

Runs & workouts, Saturday, November 10, 2012

Did anyone else notice today is the Marine Corp's birthday?  I must have had that one drummed into my head pretty severely, I still remember it when I can't remember all sorts of more important stuff...lol  Ok Dark Horse, when's the Army's birthday?

And speaking of drugs and alcohol, how about the 2 states out West that legalized the recreational use of Marijuana in the last election?  Holy Moly!  How'd you'd like to run on the highway in one of those states?  It's bad enough dodging people with cell phones in their ears, let alone someone flying high at the same time.  Yikes!

I rode the mtn bike 7 miles on the railtrail today.  What a gift that trail is, it follows a small river for its entire length and has 2 railroad covered bridges still in use.  According to local experts, they're 2 of only 5 still in existance in the entire country.

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

• Dark-Horse Legend 285 posts since
    Dec 16, 2007
    1. Nov 10, 2012 2:19 PM (in response to Rich in NH)

Rich, good workout, and sounds like a beautiful course.

Just the other day my new boss told me his birthday is June 14, the same as the Army's birthday.

I am opposed to legalizing any drugs, including marijuana. Alcohol is bad enough. Too late to ban alcohol: its use is sanctioned by thousands of years of custom. I myself enjoy the occasional beer or mug of hot rum, but I have seen up close how alcohol can destroy a family.

No time today to work out, though I had planned to go to the gym. Worked around the house and yard, with a trip to the town compost facility at the end of the day. That was my exercise. Also took both of our cars to the garage and had four snow tires put on each. Hoisting tires in and out of the basement is a good workout, too.

Where's Mike? Didn't Ray say Mike was still standing in line to vote? He should be done by now.

Dark Horse

I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

• Dark-Horse Legend 285 posts since
    Dec 16, 2007
    3. Nov 11, 2012 4:45 AM (in response to Rich in NH)

Rich, nice photos.

Maybe Mike moved to Canada.

Dark Horse

I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...