Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

541 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2012 2:28 PM by Rich in NH
rcuriel Pro 178 posts since
Mar 2, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 11, 2012 1:17 PM

Runs & Workouts, Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sorry I missed yesterday. 

Rich nice pictures and good workout.  That looks like a pretty sweet running/biking trail.

DH, I won't get into my views on the legalization of drugs other then the current system is misguided at best.

Well, I can officially check off the sub-50 10K.  My son and I did the "Run with the Jets" 10K (wife is on the disabled list).  Was a crisp 48-50F when we arrived and in the shade you could feel it.  This one is along a bike path that runs along the SF Bay and finishes where the jets landing at SFO seem to be just above the water as they land.  Georgous day, we had ran earlier this week so the air was very clear.  Although the event was chipped everyone got the same start time (no sensors at the start) and my son and I started in the back.  He took off a little quicker then I did and I realized my mistake as I approached the start line and no sensors.  Oh, well - only felt like a 150-200 people doing the 10K so a little crowded at the start.  Run felt pretty quick to me and my watch got my time in 45:23, official time was around 45:46.

So, I'm in a pretty good mood today.

Ray

• Dark-Horse Legend 285 posts since
    Dec 16, 2007
    1. Nov 11, 2012 1:54 PM (in response to rcuriel)
    Runs & Workouts, Sunday, November 11, 2012

Ray, that's a good quick 10K. If I tried to run that fast I would pull a hamstring. Sorry your wife is on the DL, but wonderful you could run with your son.

5 miles on the treadmill, 1% incline, in 43:53 (8:47 mile pace).

Dark Horse

I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

• Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    2. Nov 11, 2012 2:28 PM (in response to rcuriel)
    Re: Runs & Workouts, Sunday, November 11, 2012

Ray, sounds like you had perfect weather for a race today and took advantage of it.   Off the top of my head I come up with your race pace at just under a 7:30 mile, way to go!

I'm really lucky to have access to the trail I posted pictures of.   I bike and run on it during the summer and XC ski during the winter.  I've mentioned before the trail gets groomed in the winter by the local snowmobile club and skiing can be awesome when conditions are right.

Today, I ended up riding the mtn bike again for 8 miles on the railtrail.  My injured foot felt good enough to run on, but I talked myself into riding the bike instead.  I'm anxious to get past this injury, but don't want to rush into another run just yet...

Edited to add: Nice run D.H.

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...