Skip navigation

592 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2012 4:11 PM by ErinMazz RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 27, 2012 4:03 PM

Rebel Race: 2012 Massachusetts 5k & 15k mud run Reviews

Share your experiences with the Rebel Race: 2012 Massachusetts 5k & 15k mud run below Back to event details page.

• BernadetteOlson Rookie 6 posts since
    Apr 13, 2009

Did the NJ Rebel Race - it was a huge disappointment.  What was advertised and what was delivered were ver far apart.  Very litte mud, nowhere near the 24 obstacles advertised.  The obstacles that were there were not well built, and many were closed down because they were unsafe.  The 'free' beer was not easily accessible.  The 'shower' was a single garden hose attached to a tanker truck.  The line to rinse my face and hands was longer than the race, which was only 2.3 miles, not 5k.  Think twice before spending your money on this event.

• ErinMazz Rookie 6 posts since
    Jun 10, 2010

Oh how I wish I had paid more attention to the MANY horrible reviews about this race.  Everything people wrote about previous races was dead on. 

$10 to park was outrageous.  Too few porta potties for that many racers.  Should have known I was in trouble when it took over 30 minutes to register.  No one behind the tables seemed interested in helping the one woman trying to register the longest line.  Help her out, find the bib number or grab the t-shirt for her.  Oh, and they only had XL shirts left.  Why did I bother registering for my size?  And no one checked my ID, so glad I carried it with me.

The course had only a handful of volunteers and none on the most dangerous obstacles.  The water slide and the rope crawl each had horrendous wait times.  We passed some obstacles and didn't even realize it (run backwards, really...who runs backwards in the woods?).  And the first water table ran out of cups just after we left. 

The food and beer lines were outrageous and it turns out they did not accept money, just tickets that cost $2 each.  We turned and left at that point. 

Save your money and find a different mud race with better reviews.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...