Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

677 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 12, 2012 6:56 PM by Elvia74
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 12, 2012 6:56 PM

Select Staffing Santa Barbara International Marathon & 1/2 Marathon Reviews

Share your experiences with the Select Staffing Santa Barbara International Marathon & 1/2 Marathon below Back to event details page.

• Elvia74 Rookie 2 posts since
    May 30, 2011

Worst race event ever!!! It was poorly organized from start to finish. I signed up for this event because it was going to be held in this beautiful city and would have great views along the way. Although the views were okay my experience was horrible. The expo was mediocre to say the least. The shuttle buses to take people from UCSB to race start were late or didn't have enough of them. People stood outside for over an hour to get on. Once I got on the shuttle bus we headed to race start and the bus stopped a half mile from the start. The race had already begun and the runners were running toward us. We were told to get off and walk to the start. We had to dodge runners drop off our check-in bags on the grass because the vehicle with the check-in stuff had already left. Another vehicle would take the check-in stuff to the race finish. During the run there wasn't enough water or Gatorade. After the race I went to pick up my check-in bag to find out that my down vest that was sealed in the bag was not inside my bag. I ask the staff and their response was, "I have no idea where it is." I walked toward a pile of jackets that were laying on the grass and by chance found it. This was the worst race event experience ever. I will not recommend this race to anyone. I wouldn't even give a one star rating but have to put it on a rating scale.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...