Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

397 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2012 2:05 PM by ShoeRunner50 RSS
ShoeRunner50 Rookie 6 posts since
Oct 3, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 14, 2012 2:05 PM

200 + Pound club

I too am curious about shoes with GREAT cushioning. I have been wearing ASICS shoes now for about 6 years. As we all know they "update" their shoes every year, but mostly I have been wearing the ASICS Gel Cumulus and ASICS Gel Nimbus shoes. The last pair I had were Gel Cumulus 13. What a shock I had a few weeks ago when I went to get a SIMILAR shoe. Seems they have "updated" the shoe and taken out a lot of the padding. Long story made short...after several attempts at a shoe specialty shop with great service and return policy...I was not able to find a shoe that comes even close to the comfort of my last pair. I finally called the ASICS company and after a LONG peaceful conversation with the guy on the phone..he admitted that ASICS had changed the shoe so that runners would feel..."more in tune with the road"...He suggested I try Gel Numbus 14...I did order a pair..but SADLY they are not as well padded as my last pair. The guy said that they probably would not go back and offer the old shoe...Anyone know of a great...well padded shoe made by another company. I have a high arch and according to the Roadrunner sports catalogue and THEIR consultant...I need a "Neutral Plus" shoe...Any suggestions would be appreciated...oh..those last Gel Cumulus shoes I bought..my last great pair of shoes.....put them on one day and did a half marathon the next...some walking and some jogging of course...BUT NO PAIN OR BLISTERS...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points