Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

981 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2012 2:39 PM by JEFF CT RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 9, 2002 3:55 PM

CT Runners?

I'm looking for people in the Stamford, CT area who might be interested in joining me for long (10+ mile) weekend runs.

Anyone interested??

• sub330 Rookie 10 posts since
    Dec 31, 2002
    1. Jan 6, 2003 3:51 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: CT Runners?

Are you training for a spring marathon? What pace do you run your training runs at?

• sub330 Rookie 10 posts since
    Dec 31, 2002
    3. Jan 7, 2003 10:05 AM (in response to Guest )

I'm not sure if I run 9:30's or not. I think I run between 8:30's and 9 depending on how I feel. Are you new two the area? I have several different long run routes. However, my favorite 3 hour route is a route that takes me from SHS through Dolphin's Cove into Greenwich to Long Ridge Road and back through downtown Stamford into Glenbrook then through Belltown and finish back at SHS.

There are plenty of neat place to run in and around Stamford. The Shippan neighborhood, Running mile repeats at Cove Island Park. Waveny Park in New Canaan, etc.

How far are you running this Sunday and what is your plan for water in the cold?

• CHOPAT Amateur 23 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    5. Jan 12, 2003 10:03 PM (in response to Guest )

anyone live close to the foxwoods area; also known as the ledyard area????

• Richard21142 Legend 769 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    6. Dec 22, 2007 2:48 PM (in response to Guest )

quote:

Originally posted by sub330:
    [http://B]
    Waveny Park in New Canaan, etc.

B|http://B]
    Waveny Park in New Canaan, etc.

B]

If your interested; from the entrance to the trails behind the high school to Lapham Rd. and back is 3 miles 8 yards. A friend of mine wheeled it a few years ago. Nice place to run during the summer.

[http://This message has been edited by Richard21142 (edited Jan-13-2003).|http://This message has been edited by Richard21142 (edited Jan-13-2003).]

• RunRGuy Rookie 35 posts since
    Feb 7, 2005
    10. Mar 28, 2005 10:24 AM (in response to Guest )

quote:

Originally posted by flash10sm:

hello, i am a runner in Wallingford small town full of hills, a great place to do some long runs where i do alot of my hour runs is the west Hartford Res. there are miles and miles of trails about through 5 towns worth its fun and easy to get lost and find a nice way out always a runners tease. but if you are ever in the wallingford area shout me a line would 9:30 should be a basic chating pace. i am a XC and miler as well as a 3k steepler for ECSU

Hey flash, what part of Wlfd do you live and run in? I am originally from there although am now living in Maine, but I still visit occasionally (about once or twice a month). In fact, I was just there over the Easter weekend. I stay with family on Cook Hill Rd. and usually run over on that side of town, on the roads between Wlfd and Chesire. Sometimes on long runs I will run out to East Wlfd. (to Wlfd. Country Club) and then back, sometimes I'll head out toward Yalesville. Would be good to run with someone occasionally.

• JEFF CT Amateur 37 posts since
    Aug 6, 2012
    12. Nov 14, 2012 2:39 PM (in response to Guest )

Hi Chris -

I like the title of this - CT RUNNERS - I have been on a couple of these boards over the past few weeks and it is great to see the wide range of runners out there. Not sure why I was drawn to the idea of finding other CT runners exactly - I really enjoy running alone. Im a beginner runner who looks like crap pulling off a 1:25 8.5mi run.

By looking like crap, I mean, its not a conversational speed for me, and not fast enough to look all that impressive. That is what I like about running, its about me, its for me, and I dont need anyone to motivate me or drag me down. I used to run with friends in HS and College, and if they werent available, then we skipped that day of running, and their bad habits would beat out my positive intentions.

I was running on the treadmill for 2+ years with sporadic results. Id get a good rhythm going for 3-6 months then Id fall off the wagon for 2-4 months. This year, I signed up for my First 5K! Then my 2nd! Now Im hooked. The races give me something to keep looking towards. A far off goal that helps me focus on getting my miles in each month and each week.

So, Im on here too - Last post on this thread was 2005, so maybe its a dead thread - but if you're a CT runner, say hi.

2012 Aug 19, 2012 - Canton PTO LobsterLoop 5K 35:09 Oct 13, 2012 - ING Hartford 5K 31:34

January 1, 2013 - 10K PR 59:08

Sun Jan 27th 10am Penguin Plunge.

Sun April 28, - Simsbury River Run (unable to register yet)

Sun May 26, 2013 - Memorial Day Marathon (26.2 REGISTERED)

Sun June 2 Amica Iron Horse 1/2 Marathon - (unable to register yet)

Sun Aug 18? 2013 - Canton PTO Lobster Loop 5K (VOLUNTEER)

Sat Sept 28 2013 - 5K Rugged Maniac (REGISTERED)

Sat Oct 12, 2013 - 26.2 (plan is to beat May Time)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...