Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

3436 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2012 10:49 PM by Ladyfire70 RSS
reinventingdani Rookie 1 posts since
Oct 16, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 16, 2012 3:48 PM

Addicted...

Hi everyone, new here. 

I'm in my third week of C25K and loving it!!! In fact, I'm having a very hard time not running on my rest days. Even on the days I run/walk, I just want to go again! Granted I'm only running for 3 minutes at a time, I keep wanting to do more. I guess that's a healthy attitude, lol. Anyone else feel this way?

• BOSNPM We're Not Worthy 2,482 posts since
    Nov 20, 2007
    1. Oct 17, 2012 6:46 AM (in response to reinventingdani)
    Addicted...

Great attitude foe sure, but be wise.  To much to soon will all most always end up with a overuse injury and burnout.  Think long term, being a runner for life!  Stay on your plan!  After you complete this plan pick another plan and stay on it.  Great job.

• greenybeany Amateur 39 posts since
    Sep 24, 2012
    2. Oct 17, 2012 8:51 AM (in response to reinventingdani)
    Re: Addicted...

I just finished week 4 and I am feeling the same way! I have stuck strictly to the schedule though (for the reasons BOSNPM mentioned). When I'm not running, I spend WAY too much time on here and other running forums, haha.

However, looking at the schedule, it seems like things get really tough from the end of week 5 on... I just hope I don't get discouraged on those long runs!  I suppose I will just try to take it easy and slow. I heard that most people quit around week 4 or 5, but I feel like I have comitted so much time to this, why stop now?

• Momrocs Rookie 4 posts since
    Jul 26, 2012
    3. Nov 1, 2012 10:36 AM (in response to reinventingdani)
    Addicted...

I now how you feel but I'm trying to stick with the program so I don't hurt myself or burn out.  I am getting ready to start week 4 today!  I'm nervous about the five minute runs. The three minute ones were no where near as bad as I thought.  When I started it took all I could do to run sixty seconds so I think I've accomplished a lot!  I am signed up for my 2nd 5K the end of December and hopeo to run the WHOLE thing!

• Alex2424 Rookie 3 posts since
    Nov 8, 2012
    4. Nov 12, 2012 2:32 AM (in response to BOSNPM)

Most people I talked to about running told me that running is somethingyou grow to love. One trial runj ust isn't going to do it and that I was likely going to hate the first run. I was wondering how to make the first period less discouraging? I read about some apps for mobiles which are created to add variety to running… have you tried them? Could anybody let me know which is the best? Thanks!

• dianelev2 Rookie 3 posts since
    Nov 12, 2012
    5. Nov 12, 2012 5:49 AM (in response to reinventingdani)
    Addicted...

I'm on my third week too. I run Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday's. So far so good... hope I can keep it up!

• jeb6294 Pro 75 posts since
    Oct 26, 2010
    6. Nov 12, 2012 6:28 AM (in response to reinventingdani)

On my days off I still get outside and walk a couple miles or so.  It helps me stick to my routine since I still have to get up at the same time every morning and I also like getting out and getting a little work in on my off days.  So far it hasn't been a problem.

One thing I thought about doing once I've completed c25k is to try running every day, but do 2 miles or so and then work on increasing my distance from there.  Until then I'm following c25k to the letter.

• DrakoDorn Rookie 3 posts since
    Nov 14, 2012
    7. Nov 14, 2012 5:54 AM (in response to Alex2424)
    Addicted...

For like two days im trying streetquest, my girlfriend brother find it. Its game-like app so we can competitive with each other.

If you like to try it there is link to download it https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.scapaflow.streetquest&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsInBsLnNjYXBhZmxvdy5zdHJlZXRxdWVzdCJd bleh so long, how to hide it?

• PineGroveDave Amateur 7 posts since
    Feb 27, 2011
    8. Nov 14, 2012 7:50 PM (in response to reinventingdani)
    Addicted...

I sooooo know what you mean. It borders on obsession. There have been many days that I've gone out 2 times to run and even incorporated weightlifting into it as well. I keep telling myself that there are worse, more unhealthy, things in life to obsess on, ya know? LOL!

• Ladyfire70 Rookie 2 posts since
    Sep 18, 2012
    9. Nov 21, 2012 10:49 PM (in response to reinventingdani)
    Addicted...

I now love running!   I finished the c25k  2 weeks ago!  Keep pushing your body with your mind and

You will make it!  I have run 3 races, with my PR at the last one!  I enjoyed all the races and I am

already signed up for one per month!  I have also started the 10K training which starts where the

C25k stops.  A great program to start when you finish the c25k!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points