Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

955 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2012 7:41 PM by JRolfe
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 17, 2012 10:57 AM

Mud Chasers - Maryland,DC, Pennsylvania Reviews

Share your experiences with the Mud Chasers - Maryland,DC, Pennsylvania below Back to event details page.

• vjnoone Rookie 3 posts since
    Apr 20, 2008
    1. Nov 17, 2012 10:57 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Mud Chasers - Maryland,DC, Pennsylvania Reviews

This was, by far, the worst organized event I have ever participated in. There were no clear volunteers on site, no water stations, no signs, no guidance on the course, it wasn't even a 5k! Maybe a 1.5 miles at most. My 7 year old ran the kids event and again, no guidance, no start line, no waves. It was basically a free for all. I regret paying, I could have just showed up and ran in the woods alone. The line to pick up the numbers was no bad folks just gave up and ran number-less.  I will never run these event again which is unfortunate. I loved the family aspect and kids smaller event is a really great idea. I hope the organizers take it more seriousness next time. Don't advertise a run if you aren't prepared for people to sign up.

• AnnelieseGreksa Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 3, 2012
    2. Nov 17, 2012 2:16 PM (in response to Guest )

The was a poorly organized event.  It started with no signs stating where to park.  There was only 2 buses and one of the bus drivers did not know where to go, so instead of following each other both drivers went in one bus, leaving everyone outside to freeze.  Our bus driver, Freddie krueger, was taking the corners like a race car driver, I think that was the most challenging part of the day.  Once again at the event there was only 2 people to check everyone in.  There was not a secure place to put our bags.  The course was poorly marked and was not a 3.5 mile event.  The only fun part of the event was jumping in the mud.  We did have a ticket for a free beer but i guess someone did not get the license to have beer on site. Than we waited over an hr in line to get back on the bus, which the ride was horrible.  I do not think I would advise anyone to do this event.  It could have been so much better.

• knrlawson Rookie 2 posts since
    Aug 15, 2010
    3. Nov 18, 2012 1:03 AM (in response to Guest )

Poorly run race that did not go as advertised.  It was disorganized, registration was way too long (they only had two people working the registration table), no beer as advertised, ran out of some sizes of tee-shirts (even for those who registered for months in advance) and there was virtually no mud in this "Mud Chaser" event.  I could go on, but you get the picture.  Paid WAY too much for what I got.

• JRolfe Rookie 2 posts since
    Oct 27, 2012
    4. Nov 18, 2012 7:41 PM (in response to Guest )

This event was unbelievably poorly organized. Registration was a nightmare. I arrived at the race site 45 minutes before my heat was supposed to begin, but by the time I received my bib it was already 30 minutes past my start time. Speaking of heats, there were none! Everyone seemed to start running whenever they felt like it. The trails were poorly marked, if even marked at all in some areas. The course was maybe 1.5 mi at best, not a 5k. Aside from the last five seconds of the race there was no mud? Afterward, there was no celebration, or celebratory beer, not that this run was anything worth celebrating. The only thing I looked forward to after the race was waiting in line for an hour for a shuttle bus to drive me 10 minutes to the designated event parking lot. I spent more time being frustrated waiting in line than actually running, and enjoying the spirit of race day.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...