Skip navigation

1328 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2012 7:52 AM by GulfbreezeJeffstri RSS
Olivieri Rookie 1 posts since
Jul 16, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 19, 2012 4:24 PM

Will Active.com care about this morning???

I was ready to go and sign up for my first Ironman this morning.  Arizona 2013.  I knew last year was a quick sell out, less than 10 minutes and all of the spots were gone.  So I was logged in, ready to go by by 2 pm eastern time.  I kept refreshing the signing page until the REGISTER NOW appeared.  I clicked on it, it asked me to select the event, which I did, and it took to another page to re-sign in, which I did.  The next page was magical, it told me that my spot was reserved for the next 15 minutes! YEAH!!!!  It took me about 45 seconds to fill out all of my info, check off waivers, etc...  I click on continue to put in my payment, and it showed that it could not sign me up for the event because it was SOLD OUT!!!...what happened to my 15 minutes????

In disbelief, I continued to press CONTINUE to see if there was an error.

After a few minutes, a whole different page showed up saying that the event was on hold.  While I was on hold with ACTIVE.com another page showed up saying that since I did not act on my 15 minute window, I had lost my spot.

Since this happened, I have called ACTIVE.com 3 different times.  All three times it took about 25 minutes for someone to answer the phone.  Each rep has the "oh well...attitude"  Two of the reps told me that THOUSANDS of people have been calling reporting the same issue.

Are they going to offer ANY resolution for this problem?

I have contacted USA Triathlon and they simply said it is not their problem, it is ACTIVE.com's problem.  I am sorry, we are being forced to use ACTIVE.com to sign up for these events...shouldn't USA Triathlon also take responsibility for using a reputable third party vendor?

Am I just way off on this?

Concerned.

• ACTIVE_Admin Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 28, 2012
    1. Nov 28, 2012 3:04 PM (in response to Olivieri)

Hello Olivieri,

We sincerely apologize for any challenges you encountered while trying to register for IRONMAN Arizona. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience in person and will contact you directly. If for any reason, you do not receive our email, please feel free to contact us at support@active.com or toll free at 877-228-4881. You can let the support representative know that this is an escalated situation and you would like to speak to a supervisor. Again, we apologize for any trouble you experienced and we look forward to speaking with you.

• GulfbreezeJeffstri Rookie 2 posts since
    Sep 26, 2007
    2. Dec 3, 2012 7:52 AM (in response to Olivieri)

It seems the fifteen minute hold is just to keep you in the moment not really holding your spot in the event. Too many people walking away from the computer?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points