Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

478 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2012 5:48 PM by rcuriel RSS
rcuriel Pro 178 posts since
Mar 2, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 20, 2012 3:13 PM

Runs & Workouts, Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Rich, foots feeling better?  Be careful.  Biking isn't soo bad, beats rowing...well, being outside beets a rowing machine.  The workout is hard to beat, tho.

Walked 4.75 miles today.  Left lower shin has been a little troublesome.  Doesn't seem to be improving, so I guess I'll need to be a little more proactive with ice.

signed up for a 10K on Thursday morning, we'll see with the little running I've been doing.  Overcast with a bit of drizzle.  Heavier rain expected soon, just in time for the commute...

DH is quiet these days. 

Ray

P.S.  Ran 3 miles Sunday time 24:06 - didn't feel good at all an shin bothered me...

• Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Nov 20, 2012 4:15 PM (in response to rcuriel)
    Re: Runs & Workouts, Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Ray, here's a youtube video of a woman using the Nordic Track machine I'm referring to. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSrjoW--Qyw  There are tension adjustments for both the arms and legs and this thing will give you a full body workout that'll definitely get your attention when it's adjusted properly.  As you can see, it's designed to mimic cross country skiing and works quite well.

And yeah, my foot's feeling better.  I went for a 3 mile run on the railtrail today to see if I'm up to running a 5K on Thanksgiving day.  It's a race I've run every year since it's inception and I'd really like to run it Thursday if I can.  My foot complained a little, but I iced it after the run and will wait 'til tomorrow before making a final judgement.  If I run Thursday, it'll be with the goal to finish and not be last, but that'll be it.  Today's splits were 10:39, 9:43 and 9:40.

I wonder what's going on with your shin.  It's odd you would be experiencing shin pain with the kind of base you've built.  I doubt it's shin splints, but I wonder if a run on a soft surface would give you the same trouble.  Do you think it could be your shoes?

I think D.H. is running just 3 days a week now, so may miss a few posts, but I think he'll catch back up soon.

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...