Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

522 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2012 4:56 AM by Rich in NH RSS
Dark-Horse Legend 285 posts since
Dec 16, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 23, 2012 2:28 PM

Runs & workouts, Friday, November 23, 2012

5 miles on the treadmill, 1% incline, in 43:57 (8:47 mile pace).

Dark Horse

I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

• Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    1. Nov 23, 2012 2:43 PM (in response to Dark-Horse)

We hit 50 degrees here today, so I grabbed the mtn bike and rode 7 miles on the railtrail.

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

• rcuriel Pro 178 posts since
    Mar 2, 2011
    2. Nov 23, 2012 7:49 PM (in response to Rich in NH)

DH, Nice run. 

Rich, good ride.

No workout today.  Doctor visit.  Leg is worse today (was good during the run, but went south quickly after).  Nothing conclusive, but best guess is tendon going down the front of the foot is acting up, or, stress fracture.  Treatment is the same for both, imobalize the foot and rest.  Doctor wants me to get inserts and ankle brace to minimize movement.  Looks like I might have stressed the tendon while compensating for my heals and it's bad enough now that I'll need to take time off.  More icing and such for now and no leg exercising.  If it isn't better in a week (then more likely a stress fracture) and maybe a moon boot. 

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, I'll be zoning out infront of the tube with my leg up...

Ray

• Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    3. Nov 24, 2012 4:56 AM (in response to rcuriel)

Ray, isn't it amazing how these "minor" inconveniences turn into major problems out of nowhere?  I guess a tendon will quiet down quicker than a stress fracture, so here's hoping for an inflamed tendon, eh?

I have to ask what why you were compensating for your heels, were they sore as well?

Anyway, good luck. My guess is you're going to bounce right back...

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...