Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

577163 Views 4,892 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2013 4:54 AM by ShoeGoo RSS Go to original post 1 ... 296 297 298 299 300 ... 327 Previous Next
  • jmsab23 Legend 243 posts since
    Aug 19, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    4,455. Nov 28, 2012 6:39 PM (in response to LemonaidLucy)
    My last run was...how was yours?

BANG!!! (Borrowing this from Dilljeffrey)

The sound you heard was my old 10k PB time getting broken by tonight's run. Unlike some of you outdoors fanatics who enjoy snow and cold, I am no fan. I walked the dog this morning and my eyes watered up the whole time, so I hit my TM this afternoon with a plan to hit a new PR for the 10k. It went flawlessly. I felt great and finished in 43:28 (7:00 pace, 8.55 mph). I ate two cookies my wife brought home from work after.

NRDGirl.... challenge your running group. That'll keep you going, too.

Melody.... You go, 4-in-a-row.

DebM.... you Polar Bear, you, with your 34 balmy degrees.

NHLA.... Sounds like your daughter made the right decision on a moment's notice.

Dilljeffrey.... GREAT run, despite the cold and snow. Very close to 10 miles!!!

You guys west of the northeast can send warm temps this way any time you want, thank you.

• NHLA Legend 353 posts since
    Feb 23, 2012
    4,456. Nov 29, 2012 4:51 AM (in response to LemonaidLucy)

6.2 miles 56 min Champion Hills. Hills got their name because Jack Dempsey used to train there. You can't put a ball on the ground anywhere on this route without it rolling off.

jimsab speedy run.

• Old Coyote Legend 256 posts since
    Apr 9, 2011
    4,457. Nov 29, 2012 5:57 AM (in response to LemonaidLucy)

Lots of posts! I read them all, but no time to reply

So, I said I was going to run a mile a day between the holidays; never said I was going to do it perfectly. Missed yesterday because I was just too mentally beat to get out of bed. Real bad day, just went to work and got through.

Went to bed at 9 last night, slept well, got up and did 5 at 5:30, 30-35 degrees. 180 degree difference from yesterday, I'm pleased to say. 9 minute pace (9:12 out; 8:48 back) feels like 10 did at this time last year.

Run free!.

• MelodyLea Legend 329 posts since
    Oct 4, 2011
    4,458. Nov 29, 2012 6:09 AM (in response to NHLA)

c-catto Thanks and nice job on the 5.25!

NHLA Thanks, re: running in the snow. As always, you're such an inspiration!!

jmsab23 AWESOME on your new PR! Whoot. If I had the cash and the room, I might opt for a treadmill...but alas.

Old Coyote I'm so glad you got through the rough day and the had a super-attitude-adjusting run today.

I will not be making my 4 runs back to back. I woke up exhausted, so am doing a Chiropractor visit and rest instead. Since my ultimate goal is to be running (relatively) injury free for the next 15 year, rest trumps pushing it over the edge! Next run is a 10 miler on Sunday.

My Fine Art Website

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon

Best 5K time: 31 minutes

Best 10K time: 1:12

First 1/2 Marathon: 2:43

Raised $4491 for animal charity through running

For 2013:

Memorial Day 5/26 10K- I hope to raise $3000 for animal charity in my "Run For The Critters"

Maine Marathon 9/29- I hope to finish 2:30

• Francessmom Pro 177 posts since
    Feb 11, 2009
    4,459. Nov 29, 2012 6:40 AM (in response to MelodyLea)

I have busy day today so decided to combine dog walk with run.  Ran 3.17 with dogs in 27 minutes.  Ran without brace and it feels great!  Also found $20 on sidewalk!  Yesterday, finally made it to Y for a swim and logged 60 laps of freestyle.  I think cross training is my key to being pain free.

jmsab - Congrats on the PR!

Old Coyote - So glad you were able to shake off the bad day and start anew!  There is a baseball quote from Bob Feller - "Everyday is a new opportunity.  You can build on yesterday's success or put its failure behind and start over again.  That's the way life is, with a new game everyday, and that's the way running (baseball) is."

Melody - I hope you feel better soon.  Way to keep your eye on your ultimate goal!

NHLA - Sounds like some challenging terrain.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
    Confucius

6/11/2011 - Warrior Dash Pennsylvania - 52:26

6/24/2011 - CBA 5K - 27:11

8/7/2011 - Danskin Sherox Triathlon Philadelphia - 1:54:16

11/5/2011 - Penn Homecoming 5K - 28:46

11/13/11 - Media Mud Stain 5 mile - 53:39

05/06/2012 - Broad Street Run 10 Mile - 1:36:11

06/03/12 - See Chicks Run 10 K - 54:23

06/26/12 - CBA 5 K - 26:28

09/16/12 - Rock & Roll Half Marathon Philadelphia - 2:03:07

• Debm2011 Legend 361 posts since
    Jun 12, 2011
    4,460. Nov 29, 2012 4:32 PM (in response to Francessmom)

jmsab - woohoo!  I wish I could sustain TM runs but I get bored and give up.  We'll see what winter brings, though - I'm not  much of a polar bear - I actually really hate being cold brrrr  so I may have to learn to tolerate the TM

omg MelodyLea and OldCoyote - you both described me.  Could NOT get out of bed today - mentally and physically exhausted so I just kept hitting snooze for, well, I won't say how long.  Still made it out the door to drop off DS to school and make it to work by 7:15.  Here's hoping for tomorrow,but it's been a brutal work week.  I agree with MelodyLea - it's not worth overdoing and causing injuries. 

NHLA - scary stuff - glad everyone's ok.

Aug 19, 2011
    4,461. Nov 29, 2012 5:04 PM (in response to LemonaidLucy)

Ran a nice 5 miles today in 37:15, but still inside on the you-know-what. 24 degrees and windy outside today. Four more weeks and the days start getting longer. C'Mon, May!!!

Went to wife's pre-surgery (torn labrum) appointment this afternoon. She'll need crutches and help for 3-6 weeks, and recovery time could be as long as 6 months. Surgery is two weeks before Christmas, so now she's cramming to make sure everything is done prior. I don't think she has much faith in me doing anything to help.

Francessmom.... !!!!! Nice, multi-tasking run!!! Exercised the dogs, completed your workout in good time, and got paid to do it!! (Didn't hit the Powerball, but still a very nice day.)

NHLA.... You wouldn't want me for a running buddy on those hills, but you seem to do quite well on them!!

Cold weather runners..... Coyote, Melody, DebM.... I'm beginning to think your troubles have something to do with the temperatures you're running in. Just sayin'.

Anyone looking for a treadmill...(Melody??) We were ready to buy at the store (Sears) but lucked out when they didn't have it in stock, so we had to go on-line and get it from another Sears store, but the price was $125 cheaper. Check on line before you buy, even from the same chain! It could save you some serious $$$.

Run warm, people!!

• MelodyLea Legend 329 posts since
    Oct 4, 2011
    4,462. Nov 29, 2012 5:34 PM (in response to jmsab23)
    Re: My last run was...how was yours?

Francessmom What a great run you had this morning! Bet that set your day off right.

Debm2011 I hear ya...sometimes rest is good!!

jmsab23 Your poor wife. That is such a long recovery. I know you will be a great help though! Re: TD. Sadly I do not have an inch of extra room! Maybe when my beautiful DD moves out in a year or so... Oh, and nah, its not the cold that wore me out, it was 3 decent (longish) runs ina row. I'll work up to 4 in a row!

Forgive me ya'll for tooting my own horn, but I am SO excited to be the cover story for a local magazine! Yay: http://www.ourberkshiregreen.com/1212-obt-flipbook.html

My Fine Art Website

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon

Best 5K time: 31 minutes

Best 10K time: 1:12

First 1/2 Marathon: 2:43

Raised $4491 for animal charity through running

For 2013:

Memorial Day 5/26 10K- I hope to raise $3000 for animal charity in my "Run For The Critters"

Maine Marathon 9/29- I hope to finish 2:30

• NRDgirl Pro 194 posts since
    Nov 30, 2007
    4,463. Nov 29, 2012 7:02 PM (in response to MelodyLea)

Melody, OC and Deb: I hear you on feeling exhausted. I've been sleeping really hard all week and it's taken a lot to get out of bed. Glad to hear you all opted for rest rather than pushing when your bodies were clearly calling for some down time.

Old Coyote: Glad to hear you got in a nice run at a great pace.

jmsab23: 5 miles in 37 mins? You're quite the speedster aren't you? You and NHLA make me want to do some speed training.  Best wishes for your wife's surgery and recovery. You're really going to have to step up over the next month, but I'm sure you can handle it.

Francessmom: You really got it in! Reading your post makes me feel lazy. lol I got to get back in the gym regularly for cross training. I miss it.

I got in 6.04 miles in 57:28 tonight. Had some calf tightness and soreness in my right foot earlier in the run, but both subsided by the time I hit 3 miles. I've noticed this trend this week and I don't like it. It has made the beginning of my runs very uncomfortable. I have to figure out what's causing these cramping feelings. I'm on rest until my 10k on Sat and I would love to get in a double digit run this weekend. I of course will be back to let you all know how that goes. Until then, happy running.

PR's

Atlanta's Finest 5k: August 3, 2013 (26:06; 5K PR)

Big Peach Sizzler 10k (51:04; 10K PR)

13.1 Atlanta (My 1st half!): October 2, 2011 (1:46:44)

Atlanta Marathon Relay (4th leg, 7.2 miles): October 30, 2011 (Team time: 3:44)

Chicago Marathon (my 1st full!): Oct 7, 2012: 4:19:19

2013 Highlights/Upcoming:

Bermuda Triangle Challenge: Jan 18-20, 2013

Marine Corps Marathon: Oct 27, 2013

Anthem Richmond Marathon: November 16, 2013

• CKLindsay Expert 49 posts since
    Mar 3, 2011
    4,464. Nov 30, 2012 1:53 AM (in response to LemonaidLucy)

Okay, I apologize, I've got like 20 more pages of posts to catch up on since it's been so long. and you've all been SO busy!! Good Job!

I've got a little less than 3 months til my next race and I've been slacking like a bad girl. It's just soooo hard with work! (7 days a week.... I know, excuses! Excuses).

Anyway hit the treadmill wednesday and did a solid two miles with what I thought was an impressive run 10/walk 1 intervals.  I just took advantage of a temporary promotion to change rooms, and my new roomie is CRAZY. She MADE me do the stairs 4 times on tuesday... that's 4 times from deck 2 to 13 (11 flights?). My calves still ache, and we're doing it again tomorrow. NUTS. I had a little knee pain on my treadmill run so today I took it easy and walked 3.5 miles to the mall for lunch, some nice hills and lots of open spaces. I do get a little worried because the roadkill on the route is wild pigs and I really don't want to run into a large living one. I really hope my promotion goes permanent, because this is exactly the kind of workouts I need to be doing for the 8 tuff, which I'm using as part of my training for the Edinburgh RnR HM in April. I'm still working on how I'm going to get to that one from work though. Official Training for my half starts in January.

I think I need to be checking this thread out more often but I can't always get into the Active website on my phone :-(

2013 Races:

the 8 Tuff Miles, St. John, USVI Feb 23 1:49:16 (PR)

Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon Edinburgh April

Rock 'n' Roll Half Philly, PA Sept

2012 Races:

The 8 Tuff Miles, St. John, USVI Feb 25: 1:51:45

Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon, Philly, PA Sept 16 2:46:05 (PR)

Completed Race:

2011 The 8 Tuff Miles, St. John, USVI 1:58:25

• mkayc Legend 582 posts since
    Jun 8, 2011
    4,465. Nov 30, 2012 3:24 PM (in response to LemonaidLucy)

Oh, for goodness sake, I am overwhelmed. On 11/20 I downloaded all the back posts and then didn't have enough time to sit and read through them all. Now I'm behind six pages!! I'm not even going to promise to catch up on that. This is all out of date so take it with a grain of salt?

8511 - welcome! from Kuwait? Do you have to contend with wind every day?

jmsab - You have been booking some amazing times on your runs!!! Falling on your dog is not good; that's an awful big load for a dog. Sorry about your wife's hip problem. Hope her surgery goes well and recovery is swift. Let us know how that goes.

Love getting the details of your TM workouts. I don't want to quit running outside but the cold is killing my chest. Last year at this time I wouldn't have dreamed of trying speed training but that's definitely on the plan this year so I'm stealing your run plans and going to the gym. Re: your C25k, I worked with a local running store doing this in Ky for 8 wks. The program had a different name but was instantly popular. It attracted a lot of walkers and run/walkers and a handful of runners, about 1/3 men and 2/3 women. There were about 60 at the first meeting and about 40 stuck it out for 8 weeks. Many came back for a second session just so they could continue to run together and because they had gotten into the routine. I hated stopping but had to move to a remote office for work. I can send you the emails separately that the store used to promote the program and keep people interested. Let me know if you want. "I'm not telling you it's going to be easy. I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."<<< I Love it!!

Deb, nothing tastes better than food cooked outdoors but camping and chaperoning in the cold? There's a limit to what you have to do to be a good parent. I don't know how you do it. "I swear my nose runs faster than my legs." <<< hahahaha! mine, too!! Glad to see you beat the post race blahs and are back pounding the roads. I can't wear anything over my face. Makes me feel claustrophobic. Oh, it would be fun to meet in Philly next year although I am toying with running the Marine Corps Marathon. I just saw the medal. It is wicked awesome! Huge, shiny and has a globe in the center that rotates. Even flashier than the R&R medals!.

DillJeffrey - "until you've crossed the line, its hard to know where it is." <<< that's what I say with every injury. Try not to get a Phd in line! Good to hear about Nike+. I haven't used it but have a newbie friend who cannot afford a Garmin. I've used MMR, Endo, and Runmeter. Got TrainingLog from a local store and I really like the display best but will have to run something else for a while at the same time as backup. I also use Motoactv. Love havin the numbers. They all lie a lot because the GPS is so unreliable but the trends don't lie and that's really the point for me. What I loved about Endomondo is the map. After your run you can follow it on the map and it tells you the speed and elevation for each spot as you follow along. More numbers!! Follow me so I can follow you? @analeyesr.

Mel - You've been having some great strong runs! So good to see your dog is healthy and on the mend! Thanks so much for your support good wishes with the HM!! Run on, my friend! ;-)

FrancesMom - Loved your support and congrats on the HM!! The weather was absolutely perfect! Wish I had had the time to check this thread so we could have made plans to meet. It was a crazy weekend though. Wow, if you and Deb go next year ….but you are both so fast we'd have to meet at the end. I know that shoe feeling. I had it with my first ones, too. what is up with all the effing pink and purple shoes? I love gray and black but have the hardest time finding them. Those speed walkers are hard core; don't beat yourself up over them passing you.

Oshcat - Thanks so much for your support and "likes". Love your fb pic! I've got that cold, too. Tried running through it but am not doing well with that. So sorry you missed your race!! Good to hear about your team!! I am also a big fan of high viz wear. "No one is going to mistake me for dinner." ahhahahaha! Hope you get back out soon!!

Degregarious - Great job with the HIIT!! Great job with the LSD!!! And Kale is a great thing!!

OMG, you and NHLA stand at work? So jealous!! I suggested the idea and right away someone threatened to take away my chair, which is a really nice chair. I quickly moved off that topic. Then I seriously tried to get treadmills in every conference room with the idea that they could be linked to the grid. (I work for the Dept of Energy). No luck. Still working on that but also thinking of bringing a bosu to the office and some weights. Am about to go into a period of endless meetings.

NHLA - Great runs!! I can't believe you are getting even faster and nothing is injured. Where will this all lead? Why camo? Especially during hunting season?

OC - Your runs sound like meditation, they are so tranquil and scenic. Sorry you were struggling with your hip. Glad to see you found a way back!!  Silver and lime spikes for $15? what a steal!! Retail therapy is good!! "you can't get faster if you don't run faster." Thank you!! I also smoked a turkey. Took my smoker and brined turkey to N.Ky friend's house and he stayed up all night watching it. Best. Turkey. Ever!! And I didn't lose a moment's sleep over it. Hope your's turned out tasty!

az1414 - hope you had a great visit with the family Thanksgiving and had some help with the cooking and all. Thanks for your rooting me on! You were all with me in my head!! Hope you get to log more time on your trails. You are running really fast in spite of the cold. It's great you've adjusted so well!!

Dan - Hope your Turkey Trot was fun and you had a great visit with the kids!!

SNERB - Hunting and gathering; it's in the blood! I'm sure you're doing some hiking. Great exercise!

Ran Thanksgiving morning with a young woman who just restarted running after having two kids. She took off after less than a minute. Hahahahaha. She's 35 and I'm so glad she had a great race!!  It was five days after the Phila. HM and I felt tired from the start but I knew I could do it so just gave up on the PR and tried to enjoy the journey.  Actually shaved two minutes off my PR. Hell, if I had thought there was a chance… Oh, I'm fine with it. I've been fighting a chest cold since before Philly so I'm lucky to be running at all. Later we had a wonderful smoked turkey dinner that her husband, my friend from work, cooked.

I have had a lot of drama and troubles this year but it's been a wonderful year in spite of all that. I am so glad to have found the Active.com community. You guys and the folks on the 50+ thread have kept me running so many times when I could very easily have stopped!!  Thank you!!

Unfortunately, I am grounding myself for a week (maybe) because this chest cold is making noise but there's core work to be done at the gym and maybe some hikes.

Run on, my friends. I'll catch up some day!! 

Mary Kay

Running: Started 5/6/2011; Graduated C25k - 7/21/11; Graduated B210k - 11/24/11;

PRs: 5k - 36:42; 8k - 1:10; 4.15 m - 53.41; 10k - 1:18; HM - 2:56:31

I may be slow but I'm persistant.

Goals: 5k under 30 min.; HM under 2 hr.; AG award in the USAF HM! and one full marathon.

It won't be easy but it will be worth it!

Aug 19, 2011
    4,466. Nov 30, 2012 7:11 PM (in response to LemonaidLucy)

One thing led to another tonight, and didn't get on the TM. However, I did manage to get in my weights and core workout. I'll add 2 or 3 miles to tomorrow's run to make up for tonight.

Thanks for the wishes for my wife's surgery. I'll update in a couple weeks. She should be fine. The nurse said they do a couple of these a day now that the insurance companies agreed the type of surgery is beneficial and is covered.

Melody... Toot Toot Toot!!! Go ahead and toot your own horn. I would. Very nice article (although a few more pages would have been more appropriate, I think). I remember that chickadee you posted this past summer, I think. Breautiful artwork!! Despite being from Maine, I think I like the cardinal the best. I've always liked their bright red color (the males).

Maryk.... Holy Cow!! That was a half-marathon of reading!! Glad to see you back in the mix, and reporting a new PR to boot!! Great work.

NRDgirl.... Glad to hear you could run through the calf tightness. I just hope you're successful in figuring out what's causing it.

Enjoy the weekend, runners.

• JEFF CT Amateur 37 posts since
    Aug 6, 2012
    4,467. Nov 30, 2012 10:51 PM (in response to jmsab23)

And here I go again on my own -

Goin down the only road Ive ever known-

Alright, enough 80's rock. Guess who just broke 2 distance PRs in the same week and has 2 thumbs? Thats right, THIS GUY!

Light flurries started, so I ran outside quickly (didnt want to have snow accumulating already like last 9.67m run).

Got out there, and yeah- someone cleared the tree from the bridge! yay people. I was able to run just past the bridge, and worked on running in over my finish line. Pulled off a 11.15mile run. Oh- and get this, I did it with an avg time under 10 min! I think it was 9:52 per.

Good distance, good speed, felt good- awesome day. About 32 degrees for the run, and I was sporting my brand new emFee (or something) tights and shirt - added a wicking running jacket, a wool cap and my gloves. I was mostly warm, but when I got home surprised at how wet my clothing was. I didnt notice it on my body, so I guess thats okay. The right tendon (always the right one...) started giving me some warnings about mile 7.5, but they went away after a bit.

MelodyLea- I meant to say this before, and have to now. You look great - and when you see that pic and your age, its just amazing. NHLA is an inspiration to the group, but that is what its all about - looking good and feeling good. I have noticed I have less fat on my head lately. I didnt know it was a problem before, but when I put my fingers to my temple, I keep getting shocked that there is a surprisingly thin layer between skin and skull. OH- my weight is starting to come off a bit at a time - which is one goal. I am still a - whats the term? - CLYDESDALE.  - Glad you got some notice in that paper. I am originally from that County. My wife is from the town that paper is out of. I will be signing up for the Memorial Marathon at Tanglewood shortly. -

jmsab23 - BANG! Nice PR 10K. Yes, that last run was ALMOST 10miles. I realized the same thing after I had time to catch my breath and type it all up. I think thats why I went for the new goal today of 11m ! - My plan is to do a marathon in May (I may do pretty bad) but I want to complete it. Then I want to do another in October that I am proud of. 11.1 down, 15.1 to go. Getting there with the training.

Old Coyote- I am sorry to hear your 1/day has not been perfect. At least it is a goal, and you are pushing yourself. As ?Melody said, the true goal is to stay healthy and prevent injury. I read a blog where the goal was 1 mile every day between Thanksgiving and New Years, and I almost immediately thought - I need my rest. I am so amazed at all of you doing cross-training between run days. And I try to do a little in-between. But mainly, I need my day off. I took 2 off after my last distance PR and pulled off another one! - I really dont see taking 2 days off this weekend. Supposed to be 50 degrees on Sunday! Woot Woot! Long story, but my point was, its a good goal, good luck doing it as much as you safely can. The End.

MelodyLea- Speaking of which, that brings me back to you Melody, you too need to take a break now and then. Obviously you know this since you already did it. 4 days in a 4 row seems just crazy to me. But then again, doing 11 miles seems crazy to me too.

FrancesMom- Ok- I have not yet found $20 while running. Get yourself a running treat. The running Gods have told you to go get that new toy / gear youve been thinking about!

CKLindsay - The roadkill is pigs. Wow. Yeah, first off, - wow. I think when the roadkill is pigs, you need to worry about a lot of things. One of which is the pigs, but I guess also the trucks going so fast they kill pigs? I live in the northeast, deer get hit all the time, but at least they have a fighting chance. (If they move) Im thinking PIGGER should be the new FROGGER video game. You have the size and speed of a pig and have to get across the road. I am blessed to have a rails-to-trails near me. They keep pulling up old train tracks that we dont use and paving over them so people can ride or run on them.

Well- Have a great night all - See you in DECEMBER!

2012 Aug 19, 2012 - Canton PTO LobsterLoop 5K 35:09 Oct 13, 2012 - ING Hartford 5K 31:34

January 1, 2013 - 10K PR 59:08

Sun Jan 27th 10am Penguin Plunge.

Sun April 28, - Simsbury River Run (unable to register yet)

Sun May 26, 2013 - Memorial Day Marathon (26.2 REGISTERED)

Sun June 2 Amica Iron Horse 1/2 Marathon - (unable to register yet)

Sun Aug 18? 2013 - Canton PTO Lobster Loop 5K (VOLUNTEER)

Sat Sept 28 2013 - 5K Rugged Maniac (REGISTERED)

Sat Oct 12, 2013 - 26.2 (plan is to beat May Time)

Aug 19, 2011
    4,468. Dec 1, 2012 12:18 PM (in response to LemonaidLucy)

Another balmy day in Maine -- 14 degrees when I took the dog out, 23 and snowing when I ran errands. I wasn't about to wait too long for it to warm up (it's supposed to), so it was a date with the TM again. But it was a good date, watching college football and cranking the mp3 player.

10 miles, 1:20:00, with incline set at 2%. Calorie counter showed 1,600 burned!!

Dilljeffrey.... Way to go for the distances! Let the marathon training begin!!

• Old Coyote Legend 256 posts since
    Apr 9, 2011
    4,469. Dec 1, 2012 1:44 PM (in response to LemonaidLucy)

mkayc - I did a small bird (<12 lbs). Started it in the oven, put it in the smoker for 4 hours, then another 45 min in the oven to get the meat up to temp. Juicy, moist, delicious...Next year I'll try brining, now that I have the cooking process down.

No run yesterday, either. Lost my job. Ugh. Timing could have been better. But I'm not in terrible shape right now. That could change, so prayers are appreciated.

My new RoadID arrived yesterday, with an orange band. With my black shorts and orange cap and bracelet, I look like Tim Burton's version of Hallowe'en  Forrest Gump.

Anyway, a beautiful Indian summer day on the Front Range. I decided to run North Table Mountain today for the second time. Last time was with a group and at night so needless to say I didn't know the trails well. Do now, because I've run them all . Got a bit - not lost, because I always knew what direction everything was - but misdirected. Every trail I turned on once I got to the top seemed to go back down. I did a complete up and down 2x, plus some fractions. 3000 feet of vertical, maybe? About 10 miles, 2 hours 7 minutes. Some of it was not runnable (by me, anyway) including a 10 minute straight shot with a 432 foot gain in about 1/2 mile, a 6% grade. Some of the downhills were pretty technical, but some were flyable. Although some of the flyable parts were in spots where falling would be A Very Bad Idea, I ran them anyway. Had a great run. 4.5 mile club race tomorrow. Run free, all!

A web pic of North Table. Not taken today, but you get the idea,

ntable.jpg

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...