Skip navigation

372 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 29, 2012 8:17 AM by ThomasKopp RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 29, 2012 8:17 AM

Believe In Girls 5 Mile Run and 1 Mile Walk Reviews

Share your experiences with the Believe In Girls 5 Mile Run and 1 Mile Walk below Back to event details page.

• ThomasKopp Rookie 3 posts since
    Oct 15, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Nov 29, 2012 8:17 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Believe In Girls 5 Mile Run and 1 Mile Walk Reviews

This was a cold one. It was 24 degress outside when I arrived there. They had someone under a tent playing good, fast beat music and people were dancing in the lines and in the parking lot to keep warm which was interesting to see. The race started a tiny bit late because the police were still finishing closing the roads. By the time we started running I couldn't feel my nose, ears, or finger tips. That got better after a couple miles. The course was not too difficult. Even though there were some hills the inclines were not that steep. A beginner shouldn't have to much difficulty with it. I actually had quite a bit of success with this race over my previous races. I managed to pass about 20 people throughout it and they never caught back up with me (which is a first). I ended up in 42nd place. The only complaints I had with this race was that the bananas at the end were too green and partially frozen due to the cold and the bagel was hard as a rock for the same reason. The finisher medal was pretty puny from others I've received in past races. I had a lot of fun with this run though and I'm planning on going back next year.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...