Skip navigation

352 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Dec 1, 2012 4:02 PM by ccfsdfgf RSS
ccfsdfgf Rookie 6 posts since
Dec 1, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 1, 2012 4:02 PM

jatka@ Texas Tech vs Arizona Live

The biggest for Texas Tech is that they have to rebound.  Being out-rebounded by 20 by Jackson St. is not a good indication of what might happen against Arizona.  Arizona is tall and deep and just looking at the lineups above, it looks like Williams is going to have to cover either a 6-7 player or a 6-8 player.  Either Williams is going to force the issue or Ashley or Hill will force the issue and Walker will need to make a decision.  I don't think Williams will back down defensively, that's part of his New York attitude.

From a size perspective, Arizona presents a real problem for Texas Tech in that they only have four post players, while Arizona has the luxury of starting a guy that would be a power forward for Texas Tech.  Gray, Robinson, Jackson, Gotcher and Williams are going to have to create match-up problems on the outside and I think this could be very problematic for Arizona if they have post players attempting to guard the Texas Tech pick and roll.  The Texas Tech players must not only work around the Arizona big men in a pick and roll situation, but must also find open teammates that are setting the screens.

I think that can be the real wildcard here.  He's been through more battles than any other player on this team and he needs to continue to be a match-up problem in that he's so much better if he varies his game, go inside or outside and hit the boards.  That's been a huge success for Crockett thus far this year.

Texas Tech vs Arizona Live

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...