Skip navigation

533 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2012 7:28 PM by chrissyrn04 RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 2, 2012 12:49 PM

Running With The Reindeer Reviews

Share your experiences with the Running With The Reindeer below Back to event details page.

• lauraelizabeth451 Rookie 1 posts since
    May 14, 2012
    1. Dec 2, 2012 12:49 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Running With The Reindeer Reviews

I placed 302/340 participating in this race. With that said, by the time I came through major intersections, those that had protected the runners from getting hit by cars, had left. People were driving on the road not giving us room to run, as well as honking at us. I went through intersections without the intention of stopping (for my race time) but it didn't seem as though cars wanted to yield to us participating in the race.

I've never been to a race in all of my years of running where cars honked and came up on me almost hitting runners nearby. There were kids running with us!

Seriously?

• chrissyrn04 Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 21, 2011
    2. Dec 2, 2012 7:28 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Running With The Reindeer Reviews

While I loved the location and the vibe of the other runners of this race - I was so disappointed in the race itself.

There were no signs to alert drivers that there were racers on the course. I was pacing someone and finished on the end portion - was SHOCKED to see that those runners did not have anyone to help with intersections. The cops had left and I saw only one volunteer during the entire race route.

At one point a car was about 2 feet behind a male runner and honking for him to move. RIDICULOUS.

And worse - when I voiced concerns for the runners safety to the race director I was told that they can not control the police that are there to help. They took no ownership for the fact that they were responsible to make sure that the racers have a safe race experience.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...