Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2278 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2012 4:06 PM by nikita138
nikita138 Amateur 13 posts since
Apr 25, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 26, 2012 5:34 AM

New years resolution jumpstart!

Hi all!!!  i have done the c25k program but it has been a while since i have run sooooo im starting at the beginning again :/ hopefully i will be able to stay on track and finish the program on schedule!!!

Happy running to you all!

• Keithcg41 Rookie 2 posts since
    Nov 20, 2012
    1. Nov 26, 2012 6:56 AM (in response to nikita138)

Hi Nikita138.  I've started the C25K as well, and am on my 2nd week. I'm really surprised that I'm not having any major pain.  (Usually in the past, I've tried running too far, too soon in my attempt to begin running again, which has ended in my leg muscles so sore I'd stop.)  I'm really enjoying the C25K schedule.

• prudenceclaire Rookie 2 posts since
    Nov 27, 2012
    3. Nov 27, 2012 4:52 PM (in response to nikita138)

Hi, I started C25K last week too.  I did W2D2 today and I'm really enjoying it so far, which was a pleasant surprise since I've spent a lot of time in the gym recently lifting weights and not a lot of time doing cardio.

My background: I'm 31 living in Perth, Australia.  I used to run in high school and really enjoyed it.  As I got older and got a sedentry job the kilos have crept on.  I don't have a lot to lose (maybe 8kg) but I'm getting close to the unhealthy weight range for my height which bothers me.  My fiance and I have a lot of travel booked in the next six months (five weeks in New Zealand over Christmas and then six weeks travelling in March-April) so keeping up a gym routine is going to be impossible.  Runnin appeals because I can throw my shoes in the suitcase and can run anywhere

Oh and I've signed up for the Color Run in Perth on 17 February 2013!  I want to run the whole thing if I can.

Nice to meet you both, hopefully we get some more

Prue

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...