Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1267 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 22, 2013 1:48 PM by AshleyBergeron88
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 7, 2012 9:49 AM

Phoenix Women's Half Marathon Reviews

Share your experiences with the Phoenix Women's Half Marathon below Back to event details page.

• Miranda Denetdale Rookie 2 posts since
    Oct 15, 2010
    1. Sep 12, 2012 9:59 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Phoenix Women's Half Marathon Reviews

This event was CANCELLED and it doesn't even state anywhere on the website or on active.com. I'm very disappointed and Ive been training for 11 weeks to participate. The only way I found out the event was cancelled was by making a direct phone call that I barely found on the website. They also do not respond to emails. How Rude! They even have their San Diego event postponed. Wow what kind of PR and organizers do they have working for them??

• ValGal0823 Amateur 10 posts since
    Mar 31, 2011
    2. Sep 20, 2012 2:29 PM (in response to Guest )

Absolutely awful service. I had to find out from the review above this event was cancelled. I was concerned there was no mention of the Phoenix Half Marathon in their website and even more concerned no course map was made available. When I visited this site today and saw the review, I figured as much. And when I called 619 208 5092, the event coordinator, she was defensive claiming information was posted online to advise participants that the event was cancelled. I informed her that no such information was made available. I explained that I had emailed and had to call Active.com for assistance. And now, instead of being refunding timely, I can expect a check in the mail at a later date...Very disappointing.

ValGal

• Alissa Costello Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 13, 2008
    3. Oct 1, 2012 5:31 PM (in response to Guest )

DID ANYONE RECEIVE A REFUND? I DID NOT. I think this race may have been a scam!

• HeatherSpoehr Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 8, 2010
    4. Dec 3, 2012 5:44 PM (in response to Guest )
    Phoenix Women's Half Marathon Reviews

I have not recieved a refund from this race along with several others that I know of. I have contacted them several times only to be told each time that refunds were going out. The last message over 3wks ago said that the last refunds went out. This race is absolutely a scam and it is very sad that they are currently still scamming people. Last I heard San Diego was cancelled. I would stay clear of any of the women's half marathon series. I am currently contacting the local news in phoenix regarding this matter and I am also looking into a class action suit. Extremely disappointed in Active for continuing to post these races on it website!! I will not be purchasing anything through active again.

• AshleyBergeron88 Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 9, 2010
    5. Apr 22, 2013 1:48 PM (in response to Guest )

To this day NO REFUND and NO RESPONSE. Very disappointed in the organization that scammed us, but even more so with active.com. This is my go-to website for races as is for most everyone, and I'm extremely saddened to know that my money is not secure. Big thumbs down to race coordinators and to Active.com administrators. Very disappointed!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...