Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1196 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 3, 2013 8:43 AM by LeighDS RSS
HeatSource Rookie 1 posts since
Dec 5, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 5, 2012 10:21 AM

Active Compression Wear

I found that wearing some of the stuff I had was not keeping me warm and I like a light compression when I run.  I looked around and found a company called Proskins.  It's a UK based company (www.proskinus.com) but they have a US site as well.  In any event I've been using them now in the mornings when it's coldest and it seems to be really working.  The product claims to have caffiene, retinol, vitamin E, Aloe and fatty acids built into the material.  It's all made and manufactued in the UK.  My question is has anyone else used these, did they work to keep warm for them and how long did they last.  It's seems like the effects of the infused potions feel great and help to give me a little boost.  Or am I crazy!  Ha!

• LeighDS Amateur 21 posts since
    Feb 11, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jan 3, 2013 8:43 AM (in response to HeatSource)
    Active Compression Wear

I'd be interested if anyone has had experience with these. I'm pondering the idea of compressions sleeves and calf leggings for post-run recovery as well as warmth.

Finished Races

2010 Tanger Outlet 5K

2011 Tanger Outlet 5K

2012 Walt Disney World Half Marathon

2012 Stonyfield Earth Day 5K

2012 Make-A-Wish Big Lake Half Marathon

2012 WOW' fest Trail 10K

2012 Tanger Outlet Fit For a Cure 5K

2012 I Survived The End of the Wolrd 4-Miler

Upcoming Races

TBD

More Like This