Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

793 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2012 3:58 PM by Rich in NH
Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
Dec 10, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 8, 2012 12:22 PM

Runs & workouts, Saturday, December 8, 2012

2 miles on the railtrail.  I walked a 1/2 mile, jogged a mile, then walked another 1/2.  I didn't wear racing flats or running shoes, decided instead to wear boots.  I thought they might offer more support for my injured foot and they did.  Now we'll see what tomorrow brings.

D.H., after doing the P.F. stretches on youtube yesterday, I slept without the Strassburg style sock last night.  Hit the floor this morning pain free. 

Finished the day with push-ups and sit-ups.

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

• Dark-Horse Legend 285 posts since
    Dec 16, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Dec 8, 2012 2:46 PM (in response to Rich in NH)
    Re: Runs & workouts, Saturday, December 8, 2012

Rich, glad you were pain-free this morning. Also glad you did your stretches.

Got back late last night from military training in Florida.

6 miles on the treadmill this afternoon, 1% incline, in 54:55 (9:09 mile pace).

More important, yesterday was Dark Colt's first track meet in two years. Two years ago as a high school freshman he made varsity on the indoor track team and hadn't raced since, due to knee pain. He isn't in shape, so yesterday's race took a lot out of him. Yesterday he ran on the junior varsity team, 1,000 meters indoors, in 3:20 (second place out of 15 runners).

Second place in a JV race as a junior, after making varsity as a freshman, is no big deal, but he is happy to be back running, and I am happy for him. His goal is to break 5:00 for the mile during this indoor track season. Problem is, he has no base. We'll see.

Dark Horse

I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...