Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

703 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 9, 2012 6:29 PM by rcuriel RSS
Dark-Horse Legend 285 posts since
Dec 16, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 9, 2012 10:21 AM

Runs & workouts, Sunday, December 9, 2012

2 miles on the treadmill, 1% incline, in 18:30 (9:15 mile pace).

Then I had to leave for a while, but later I returned and did:

2 miles on the treadmill, 1% incline, in 18:29 (9:15 mile pace).

My father turned 83 yesterday. Sobering to see what he has come to, and what we all come to if we live long enough.

Dark Horse

I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

• Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    1. Dec 9, 2012 4:12 PM (in response to Dark-Horse)
    Re: Runs & workouts, Sunday, December 9, 2012

Another 2 miles on the railtrail today, 1/2 mile walk, 1 mile run and 1/2 mile walk.  I wore racing flats and concentrated both during the walks and run not to heel strike. 

I've never thought of myself as a heel striker, but noticed during yesterday's run that there are times when I land heel first, even when I'm walking.  For a guy with a sore heel, that's the last thing you want to do.  So I shortened my stride, kept my feet under me and actually felt pretty good today.

Push-ups and sit-ups as well...

D.H., I've got a family member who's 80.  Frequent visits to the hospital are the norm lately, it's tough to watch sometimes.

How're you doing Ray?

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

• rcuriel Pro 178 posts since
    Mar 2, 2011
    2. Dec 9, 2012 6:29 PM (in response to Rich in NH)
    Re: Runs & workouts, Sunday, December 9, 2012

Taking time off and trying to let tendon heal.  Tendon was pretty sore after walking on Wednesday.  Son is sick and I might be next...

Sounds like your foot is on the mend that's good.  I know when I walk I definitely heel strike, I think that's mostly normal.  When running, when I get tired I start to heel strike as well.  One of the reasons I where the vibrams.

DH, my Dad turns 83 next June.  It is depressing to think about where he is health wise.  Dad's about 1/2 inch shorter, but at 25 out weighed me by 10-15 pounds.

Now, it's more like 80-90. 

Keep up the good work, hoping to be exercising soon.

Ray

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...