Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1485 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2012 2:45 PM by Rich in NH RSS
Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
Dec 10, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 11, 2012 2:55 PM

Runs & workouts, Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Not much of a workout, 2 miles walking on the railtrail.  Walking without heel striking feels a little weird, the only thing I can compare it to is the way you'd walk if you were in bad need of a bathroom...  

Finished with push-ups and sit-ups.

D.H., I deleted my Facebook account a while ago, so don't have access to your page.

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

• Dark-Horse Legend 285 posts since
    Dec 16, 2007
    1. Dec 11, 2012 4:06 PM (in response to Rich in NH)

Rich, maybe don't walk that way when other people are around. Now that we are getting up there in age, people may think your Depends are full.

No workout today, too depressed. Maybe tomorrow.

Dark Horse

I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

Dec 16, 2007
    3. Dec 11, 2012 5:00 PM (in response to Rich in NH)

Rich in NH wrote:

they figure I'm an escapee from the local nursing home anyway

Rich, reminds me of a true story. A friend of mine lives in Watertown near Boston. He has no place to park his car, so he usually parks it in a nearby schoolyard. Nobody seems to mind unless it snows and they need to plow the school parking lot.

So one recent winter, it snows overnight. Pellie (short for his last name) wakes up very early in the morning, it's still dark out, and realizes he better move his car or it may get towed from the lot (or crushed by the snow plow).

So Pellie staggers out of bed half-awake, throws on his ratty old bathrobe and a pair of slippers, and exits the front door into the night-time winter wonderland. While he is walking the block to the schoolyard through the snow, a police patrol car rolls up and the cops lower their window. "Can we help you?" they say. They see an old unshaved man wandering around in the twilight in his bathrobe and slippers, and figure they have a wanderer, someone with Alzheimer's or something like that, who has slipped away from his keepers. It took some explaining before they would let him go on his way.

Dark Horse

Dec 16, 2007
    5. Dec 12, 2012 4:22 AM (in response to Rich in NH)

Rich in NH wrote:

the overnight transformation of my sore foot is amazing, it's ALMOST pain free!  I've been preaching right along the quickest way to get over an injury is through active recovery and I think I've found what works for Plantar Fasciitis.

Rich, you gave me a good laugh too, I've been trying "active recovery" with my plantar fasciitis for almost four years now. Good luck with that, and I hope it works better for you than it has for me. (All the experts say, REST your plantar fasciitis, with plenty of stretching.)

Dark Horse

Dec 16, 2007
    7. Dec 12, 2012 1:57 PM (in response to Rich in NH)

http://www.disneypicture.net/data/media/17/Donald_Duck15.gif

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...