Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

836 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 20, 2012 9:00 AM by Haselsmasher RSS
anni65 Amateur 9 posts since
Sep 24, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 13, 2012 8:39 PM

socks tear problem

my right socks always gets torn with a hole after a few days at a place where there is a bony projection right under my right toe-this projection is a normal projection located under any toe-i think its a misaligned feet problem though i have normal feet-i just walk every day for abt an hour -the other foot doesnt exhibit such problem.also this projecion problem is so strong that i ve had holes punched at the same place thru my shoe sole after a few months every time.what can i do-i know the foot alignmenet wont change-can i tape that projection but then will it give me corns,i mean what should i do.

• ultimatehlth Pro 118 posts since
    Jul 13, 2009
    1. Dec 18, 2012 8:29 PM (in response to anni65)
    socks tear problem

This doesn't sound like a normal projection as you put it. Have you had an X-Ray to see it it's a bone spur? Have you broken this toes before and it didn't heal well? If it's a problem or causes you pain or difficulty to walk you should have it evaluated. If it causes you to change your gait or limp when you walk you will develope joint disease in possibly your knee or hip over time.

Best,

Personal Trainer Los Angeles - Hollywood

• Jasko123 Legend 461 posts since
    Apr 18, 2011
    3. Dec 19, 2012 12:26 PM (in response to anni65)
    socks tear problem

I agree with the suggestion to get a professional opinion because it is a problem that can lead to balance and stability issues in the future.  For the short-term, you could try doubling your socks on the right foot with compression wear and a slightly thicker sock for the second layer.  This would add some additional padding and you may also want to try replacing the inserts in your shoes, so again looking for increasing the cushion.  Overall, it is a good idea to get it checked out and see what the most appropriate options are for a permanent solution.

Wishing you all the best

• Haselsmasher Legend 511 posts since
    May 25, 2009
    6. Dec 20, 2012 9:00 AM (in response to anni65)
    Re: socks tear problem

So it's a projection on the sole side of your right littlest toe?  Is the projection on the skin of the toe - like a callus?  Or is it something sharp that is poking through the skin?

Thanks.

Jim

http://jimhaselmaier.blogspot.com/

"Kick off your high heel sneakers, it's party time."

-- From the song FM by Steely Dan

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...