|Search Cool Running Community|
What running goals do you have?
Break the 30 min 5k mark that I have never done since I started running but I am soooo close to doing it. (I must have a slow gene in my dna)
Run a Half in Canada (planned in May already)
PR as many races I have run before
Do at least one 5k every month forever
Always have a Marathon I am training for .
- Get back to training consistently. I train regularly, but it's been several years since I've had a real plan in place and followed it.
- I'd love to run a sub-4 marathon. But since I'm well on the downslope of my running life, it's not real likely. Past a certain age it gets much harder to get faster.
My goals for 2013:
- log 1,000 miles
- help train my husband for his first 5k
- complete my first 2 half marathons
- complete my first marathon (hoping for sub-4 on it).
- run a 5k under 30 minutes
-never stop running
- keep improving
-keep seeking God.
So excited for 2013. I've got a bunch of races planned.
"Your story is your power, not your shame." ~Ryan Blair~
Started 12/19/2011- Nike program
Soles for Education 5k- 36:29
Armed Forces 5k- 36:14
Christie Clinic Illinois half Marathon 4/27/2013
1. Have a healthy year
2. Stay over 2,000
3. Run a sub 3:30 (was on 2012 list)
4. Run a sub 20, very close (was on 2012 list)
Life: Be able to run for a long time
Be a better person, dad, husband, ect!
I'm looking forward to 2013 and hope to see things improve for me. I guess my biggest goals would be:
- Break the 8:00 minute mile in any race. My closest to date is 8:07 mile in a 5K
- Finish a Half Marathon in under 1:50
- Keep a log on all my milage!
2010 Tanger Outlet 5K
2011 Tanger Outlet 5K
2012 Walt Disney World Half Marathon
2012 Stonyfield Earth Day 5K
2012 Make-A-Wish Big Lake Half Marathon
2012 WOW' fest Trail 10K
2012 Tanger Outlet Fit For a Cure 5K
2012 I Survived The End of the Wolrd 4-Miler
2012 I Survived The End of the Wolrd 4-Miler
Since I'm newly back into running my goals are pretty basic.
1. Suffer through the pain until this is enjoyable again.
2. Finish a 5K.
3. Finish a 5K in under 30min
4. Continue training towards 10K.
I think those things would make me proud in 2013.
1. Get out of my happy 5K/10K comfort zone and do a race longer than 10K (either 15K, half or full marathon). I haven't run one of those since...oh my, 2009.
2. Stay in excellent health without any significant injuries.
3. Run at least 10 5Ks/10Ks...especially if #1 doesn't materialize.
No question: Keep on running with a smile on my face!
@ 5K: Angels Baseball Foundation 5K, Anaheim, CA, 24:15
Friends of the Villa Park Library 5K, Villa Park, CA, 24:10
Coronado Independence Day 5K, Coronado, CA, 24:36
@ 10K: LA Chinatown Firecracker Run, Los Angeles, CA, 51:44
Great Race of Agoura - Old Agoura 10K, Agoura Hills, CA, 50:31
Fiesta Days Run, La Canada, CA, 50:29
Oh I like this thread! Thanks Urbster!
Goals for 2013:
Keep running regularly each week with my oldest daughter (yay!)
Run 3 5Ks during the year (find them first!)
Avoid letting the mental block keep me from persevering
Like others, to keep running, to cherish family time, to be kind
C25K Training begun (Treadmill) 6/1/10); restarted 7/11/12
First run OUTDOORS - Club Fun Run 1.75 mile circuit time 26:06:72 on 7/29/10
Proud C25K Grad, 8/7/10
College Park Cares 5K Sponsored by Vecna Technologies, Inc. 9/25/10 44:04.4
Fell off of the regular running routine, experienced the DC Derecho Disaster, and now aiming to get back on track!
Jug Bay Run for Wildlife 5K 11/3/12
2013 running goals include:
1. 20 minute 5k (PR is 22:16 currently)
2. 1:40 half marathon (PR is 1:49:09)
3. Complete my first marathon.
4. Run 1000 miles (will end up with about 800 this year).
The 20 minute 5k has been a goal of mine from the start of my running comeback and I think it is doable in 2013 with effort and the right training. While I could have done a marathon already, I didn't want to do it until I felt I was well prepared for it. I think that by fall of next year, I will be.
Good luck with your goals everyone and have a happy new year!
"Whether You Think You Can or Can't, You're Right"-- Henry Ford
Upcoming races: Super 5k 2/3/13
Select Recent Results: Brooksie Way Half Marathon - 1:49:09 (Half Marathon PR), Open Door Julie Run 5k - 22:16 (2nd place age group, PR)
Check out my Running Blog: http://clippinalong.blogspot.com .
Great thread. It's March 4, 2013 already...
1. Run Sub-20 minute 5k. I did run an 18 min 30 sec 5k...19 years ago! lol...Actually, just did a tempo run tonight on an indoor track doing 4 miles in 7:53 pace per mile, so I feel this certainly possible by the end
of the year with proper training, discipline, focus, yadda yadda.
2. Stay injury free or at least as least injurous as possible!
3. Start eyeballing 10k's towards the end of the year, do at least one, and slowly increase mileage of my long run from 5-7 miles to 7-10 miles.
4. Don't get mad, get even.
1. Keep fit and keep working out
2. Eventually run up to half-marathon distance races, keep striving for PR's on 5k, 10k, and half-marathon, or at least put in strong efforts.
3. Would love to be able to run an 18 minute 3 miles again (incidentally a perfect PT score for the US Marines. No, I'm not a Marine).
4. Run a sub-40 min 10k. A 2014 goal???
5. Run 6 min per mile pace for all distances up to half-marathon...5k (18:39), 10k (37:17) half-marathon (1:18:36)....But then again, why stop there???
6. Enjoy running more, learning it doesn't have to be struggle and hardship and pain all the time, just some of the time lol
Cheers guys and gals!
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."
Los Angeles Marathon on March of 1994: 3 hr 28 min 9 sec
Run with Santa 5k on 12/22/12: 25 min 19 sec
Mardi Gras 5k on 02/09/13: 24 min 50 sec
Cirque Du Soleil 5k on 03/16/13: 23 min 33 sec
Douglas Green Memorial 5k on 05/18/13: 22 min 47 sec
4th of July 5k Blast on 07/04/13:???
I love reading this! Plus some of us have the same goals. Keep running!
my goal is simple, complete a 5k. i'm relatively new and working up to it but having a blast in the meantime!
My 2013 goal is to run 8 miles in 60 minutes or less. My lifetime goal is to keep running for as long as I can ... running keeps me sane.
I don't have any goals yet. I'm just trying to maintain my running during the winter (and tax season).
Actually, my short term goal was to run at least three days a week (outside) during the winter, and I have done that. I only ran on the treadmill twice, because of the weather.
I have only run one five mile race, which was back on Thanksgiving, but I was thinking of running a half marathon in May. I'd better start setting up some longer weekend runs. I'm only running 4 or 5 miles each time.