Skip navigation

1836 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 1, 2013 10:43 AM by miamiHEATBOY23
NextCP3 Legend 320 posts since
Apr 11, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 24, 2012 10:16 AM

How to become less afraid of taking a hit when driving to the rim?

Hey im a great shooter and im great at driving to the rim but sometimes i get nervous of taking a hit. Im pretty strong and have done it successfully in earlier years but this year i need help?? any advice

• starplayer102 Expert 52 posts since
    Mar 23, 2011

Try to build more confidence. When you're going up just remember that if they hit you hard it'll probably be a foul and will help your team. Also depending on how old you are if you're not lifting yet START, everything you do will be that much easier if you get stronger.

• 23AllDayEveryDay Pro 155 posts since
    Aug 1, 2011

Defenitly start lifting if your old enough to get stronger so the hits wont come as easily. Also when you work out and practice, buy some pads or the gloves that boxing trainers where so that a partner can hit you as your practicing driving. This will get you used to getting hit while driving

• 21mamba Expert 52 posts since
    Jun 14, 2011

You got to just take the hit. Take the attitude out there that you dont care if you get hacked, just be strong and put it up. Im a freshmen on varsity that is much under weight then the other players in the league, i just focus on being as tough as i can and being strong with the ball. The hits use to bother me at first but then i just learned to take that attitude out there and dont care if i get fouled. Ill purposely pick the biggest kid and ill guard him. Ill box him out and colnfront them in the post. Just got to get low and and box them out. Theyll usually push me and get a foul. Getting thrown around like a rag doll just gets them more fouls and your team more free throws and closer to the bonus.

#Swag

• miamiHEATBOY23 Legend 376 posts since
    May 21, 2011

U gotta play yo game and u gotta play mad and angry when stepping on the court.u just gotta have confidence and draw the contact.also start weight lifting to get stronger to take the hit

Great players are great leaders.Miamiheatboy

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...