Skip navigation

786 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 27, 2012 6:24 AM by Mark Wilds RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 1, 2012 5:35 AM

Running Event - Overcome 13.1 Reviews

Share your experiences with the Running Event - Overcome 13.1 below Back to event details page.

• Mark Wilds Rookie 2 posts since
    Aug 4, 2009
    1. Nov 1, 2012 5:35 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Running Event - Overcome 13.1 Reviews

Good cause marred by the incompentence of a race coordinator.  Original date wrong for the race with promises of a refund that have proven to be lies.  If the race is handled any thing like the pre-work I would expect a race between 1 mile and 50 miles for this so-called half-marathon.  Complete incompentence.

• yuridavis Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 1, 2008
    2. Nov 25, 2012 5:23 AM (in response to Guest )

This race is a hoax. I registered for the original date, then they changed it. I ask for money back and can get no response. Same story with two other runners?

Do not give them your money.

• ShaneMelton Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 11, 2012
    3. Dec 13, 2012 9:24 AM (in response to Guest )

Do not sign up for this race.  They changed date and offered a refund.  However numerous emails have went unanswered and I am out $40.00.  This was probably just a scam.

• jan gautier Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 20, 2009
    4. Dec 14, 2012 3:09 PM (in response to Guest )

It was hard to think of anything about this event. I entered to run for the October 13 race and showed up, only to find that the date changed to December  15. The website says that the race is cancelled now and the seven registered will get refunded. How come we haven" t received an e-mail to confirm this race. I thought that Active.com would be safe to enter a race and that my entry would be protected.  I am so disappointed in this missed opportunity. I just hope to get my money back, since I never got a race.

• Mark Wilds Rookie 2 posts since
    Aug 4, 2009
    5. Dec 27, 2012 6:24 AM (in response to jan gautier)

Has anyone had any luck getting their money back yet?  I am sure the statement about a refund is lies as well.  This may be the last race I ever register for thru active unless it is a major attraction.  I thought I would be protected from scams, unfortunately not.  The race director says it was canceled due to illness, well I would be sick too if I had to award first place with twice what I took in for registration, that miserable thief.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...