Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

732 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 27, 2012 10:28 PM by ultimatehlth RSS
VeganRican Expert 40 posts since
Dec 4, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 25, 2012 7:42 AM

On Shin ache....

Hi Guys. Ok, so here's the sitch. I'm at the end of week 4 in the C25K, and ater my last run I felt a bit of shin ache. A little throbbing. Now, a day later, I feel nothing, and it certainly hasn't affected my walk. Do you think I'm OK to go on to my workout tomorrow? I plan on repeating week 4 just in case this was a sign that my body needs to strengthen a bit, before moving to week 5. Any advice????

Thanks so much!

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,389 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    1. Dec 25, 2012 8:38 AM (in response to VeganRican)
    On Shin ache....

You're probably on the right track. Aches like this (and the neck soreness) can be a sign that you're pushing harder than your body is ready to go. Try slowing down a little, and relaxing, top to bottom, while you run.  Other possibilities include overstriding (reaching out with your front foot for a longer stride and landing with your knee locked) and wrong or worn out shoes.

Len

Len

• ultimatehlth Pro 118 posts since
    Jul 13, 2009
    3. Dec 27, 2012 10:28 PM (in response to VeganRican)
    On Shin ache....

You might try adding some foam roller exercise if it continues. Also add strengthening exercise like using toes to grag a towel or marbels off the floor. Use a broom handle and place it against your instep, use it to add resistance as you flex your foot upward.

Best,

Personal Trainer Hollywood - Studio City

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...