Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1911 Views 19 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2007 10:17 PM by Arien RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • Charlie B054 Rookie 9 posts since
    Apr 15, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Aug 26, 2007 4:13 AM (in response to Pteranodon)
    Re: OHR (One Hour Runner) August 20 - 26

1. What Week/Day are you on? Week 6 Day 3

2. How do you feel? Pretty good, run 2 this week was hard, and i ended up giving up and walking home after about 20 minutes but the long run yesterday was great, i felt i could go on for longer. I was getting some soreness in my left hip by the end of the run but i guess my body just hasnt got used to the longer distances yet. Its wierd but i am finding the 2nd run of each week the hardest at the moment.

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? nope

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs?
    well run 2 this week ended up being much shorter than planned but i am just carrying on regardless.

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? That i perversely quite enjoy running up hills (slowly).

• slavetodogs Rookie 100 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    16. Aug 27, 2007 1:11 AM (in response to Pteranodon)

1. What Week/Day are you on? W5D3 post OHR
    2. How do you feel? Good
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? No.
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Added 1k today. Wanted to run yesterday but sprained my back lifting a flat of water the wrong way. So after I limbered up I ran today. Felt strong and added a further kilometer to make it 9k today. Took me 1:32. Felt really good about it, stayed in my HR zone the whole time.
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? Just how good it feels to be able to do this. Of course I tell everyone else, but nobody else seems motivated. Oh well-can't force them.
    ~Slave

• monnik Rookie 184 posts since
    May 31, 2007
    17. Aug 27, 2007 8:54 AM (in response to Pteranodon)

1. What Week/Day are you on? W6D3

2. How do you feel? good!  I ran ouside for this 'long' run with my 13 year old daughter.  I run so slow, though, that she would take a break from running and 'power walk' next to me.  That's kind of embarrassing.    But we made it and it felt great!

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? no

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? not this run.

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? the transition to outside running is getting easier.

• jclark77 Rookie 27 posts since
    Nov 23, 2007
    18. Aug 27, 2007 5:27 PM (in response to Pteranodon)

1. What Week/Day are you on?  W1D1
    2. How do you feel? Fantabulous
    3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Nope
    4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Nope
    5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I noticed I got overzealous and ran a little too fast Saturday morning ("graduation run" from C25K) and that I was sore yesterday and this morning moreso than usual. In turn, my pace this morning was well below my average.

Howdy. I'm new (obviously). Just chiming in to say "hi" and "nice to meet ya".

• Arien Rookie 12 posts since
    May 23, 2007
    19. Aug 27, 2007 10:17 PM (in response to Pteranodon)

I graduated C25k in July and I finally feel prepared enough to go on with the rest of OHR. So I guess I can count today's run as W4D1.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...