Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

208877 Views 1,403 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2013 4:48 PM by DrEbenezer Go to original post 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 Previous Next
  • Simp70 Expert 41 posts since
    Apr 5, 2010

Just checking in...

W3D1 in the books for me- I do D2 tonight when I get home from work.

Man Jen, sorry about the ankle.  Hope it heals fast.

Happy Running!

^Ken

Started C25K on 3/29/10

Started C25K v.2 on 1/3/11

Races Completed

German Heritage 5k, 5/8/10 Stuttgart Ar - 30:36

Dana's House 5k (DeWitt May Days), 5/15/10 DeWitt Ar - 29.11

South Wind 5k (Gillette Heritage Days), 5/29/10 Gillette Ar - 25.45 (Not quite a 5K!!)

Big Dam Bridge Twilight 5K, 7/10/10 Little Rock Ar - 32.05 (Uphill both ways!!)

Races Scheduled

Hope to race in March/April

2011 German Heritage 5k,  May

• djm25 Pro 88 posts since
    Mar 24, 2010

Hi

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

I did another 4 mile yesterday and managed to shave a bit off my time.  Did this one in 35:30.  I plan to run again tomorrow, possibly in the morning, but the opportunity of an extra hour in bed may be too tempting!

That's all for now.

Bye

David

Completed:

BodyFit 5K -- Cockermouth 14th July 2010 -- 27:18

Upcoming:

• j9riter Amateur 26 posts since
    Apr 20, 2010

Hope everyone is managing OK in the inclement weather. Take care of yourselves, everyone, especially those who are injured!

I'm back on the training program. I'm mixing it up between a 10K training program and a 1/2 marathon training. I ran an easy paced 2.5 miles on Sunday, and though I felt slow, I was running at the same pace my 'fast" treadmill runs were last year (only 3.5 mph, but who's counting?). My faster runs have been at 4.1 or 4.2 mph, so that in itself is a huge improvement over last year.

I am officially signed up for the Marine Corps Marathon as a fundraiser for my dad. 9 months to train -- so I just need to stay injury free and slooooooowly make it to 20 miles or whatever my final long run is. It will be an interesting journey.

In the meantime, it's me, my treadmill and Netflix. haven't braved running outside yet, though I think most of our snow and ice is gone. for now.

Hope everyone has a great day!

http://www.active.com/donate/semperfifundmcm2011/JByrd120

Completed

• Strides for success 5K -- April 24 -- 39 minutes
    • Make Tracks for the Zoo 5k -- May 23 -- 34.75 minutes
    • Zooma 10k -- June 5 -- 1:18
    • Clifton Caboose 5K -- 35.00 minutes
    • Marine Corps 10K -- Oct. 31, 2010 -- 1:20

Upcoming

• Marine Corps Marathon -- Oct. 30

Support my marathon run!

http://www.active.com/donate/semperfifundmcm2011/JByrd120

• Simp70 Expert 41 posts since
    Apr 5, 2010

Good luck J9 on the marathon / fundraiser - I don't think I can even think of a marathon as a goal yet.

I finished W3D2 on Monday and will be running W3D3 tonight.  My legs were tight durning my run Monday but they felt great afterwards and I'm looking fwd to the run tonight.  I ended up going 2.25 miles in 30 minutes (9 minutes of running/ rest was walking per the intervals) - Feels like I should be writing on a sho-nuff newbie forum instead to all the graduates on here but I'll be caught back up in a couple of weeks hopefully....

Stay warm - happy running..

Simp70

^Ken

Started C25K on 3/29/10

Started C25K v.2 on 1/3/11

Races Completed

German Heritage 5k, 5/8/10 Stuttgart Ar - 30:36

Dana's House 5k (DeWitt May Days), 5/15/10 DeWitt Ar - 29.11

South Wind 5k (Gillette Heritage Days), 5/29/10 Gillette Ar - 25.45 (Not quite a 5K!!)

Big Dam Bridge Twilight 5K, 7/10/10 Little Rock Ar - 32.05 (Uphill both ways!!)

Races Scheduled

Hope to race in March/April

2011 German Heritage 5k,  May

• jelyla Pro 88 posts since
    Mar 25, 2010

HEY!

I am still here.  Still running, or run/walking i should say.  I had an ankle injury in January that took me out of running for over 3 months.  During that time I started riding bike and swimming. '

Now I am in training for a 1/2 marathon through Team in Training, so I am fundraising and training.  I will doing the Nike women's marthon, 1/2 distance in San Francisco in  Oct.  I am also cross training by spin classes and swimming.

Keeping busy and still loging miles.

Hope everyone is well!

Jen

Saving lives one mile at a time...

donate today and help find a cure for blood cancer

http://pages.teamintraining.org/wi/nikesf11/jlacyt

Jen

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. "

Henry Ford

Race Schedule

Berbee Derby 5K - 11/25/2010 - What a way to start Thanksgiving!!!

Completed Races

Race for the Cure 5K - 6/5/2010 - 52'39"

Slow Pokes Against Strokes - 7/3/2010  - 49'43"

Jerry's Race 5K - 8/14/2010 - 51'52"

Cheese Day Chase 5K - 9/18/2010   - 49'07"

Old Stompin Ground Runaround 5K - 9/25/2010 - 49'02"

Ghoulish Gallop fna Home Run 5K - 10/30/2010 - 48'48"

Turkey Trot - 5 Mile CC Race- 11/7/2010 - 1hr 25 min

• awkswan Expert 53 posts since
    Apr 5, 2010

Wow! Haven’t talked to anyone in forever. Hope things have been going well for y’all!

I was still running, off and on as my shin splints would allow, up until this summer. Unfortunately, I can no longer run in the mornings—my legs have to be completely warmed up over the course of the day, and then stretched 30 mins before my run, for my shins not to stage a protest—and it’s been too hot to run in the evenings since early June (been taking the kiddo with me, and not comfortable making him run in 100 degree heat).

But as soon as it cools down (mid-September, if we're lucky), I’ll be off and running again, literally! I’d really like to try to train for the OKC memorial marathon in April (the half one, not the full), but I haven’t tried anything past 5K yet, so that may be a pipe dream. But we’ll see!

Good to see some of you are still around and trucking on! Congrats to everyone who is, and encouragment to those who need it!

~~ Swan ~~

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”      --anonymous

• DrEbenezer Pro 111 posts since
    Mar 24, 2010

Talk about a long time.  Found the link and had to come back to see how folks were doing.  Sorry to see nobody posted in a year.  Hope everybody is well.  Just a quick update...I now run 20-25 miles a week.  I've now run 4 10 mile races, 7 HMs and a 30K race.  I had to back off on the running this past summer due to injury so I took up swimming and biking.  This past fall I did my first Sprint Triathlon.  You always find me on SparkPeople (DrEbenezer) or Facebook (Frank Stephen).  Thanks to all of you who kept me going three years ago!!

Completed Races:

06/10/10:   Buffalo JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge - 3.5M - 35:48

07/03/10:   Tommy's Run 5K - 31:09

07/22/10:  St. John Vianney 5K Kick Off Run - 30:09

Scheduled 5K Races:

08/01/10:  Pennies to Heaven 5K Run

09/11/10:  9/11 First Responders  Memorial 5K Race

1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...