Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

587 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2013 6:04 AM by Rich in NH RSS
rcuriel Pro 178 posts since
Mar 2, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 6, 2013 2:01 PM

Runs & Workouts, Sunday, December 6, 2013

Finally got my row in 5184 meters 25:00 or aveaged 2:24.7 / 500M.  Just over a week off.  Hoping to start running in the coming week.

Ray

• Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    1. Jan 7, 2013 2:21 PM (in response to rcuriel)
    Re: Runs & Workouts, Sunday, December 6, 2013

Ray, I think you meant January 6 in the title of this thread... lol

Sunday was 4 miles on the railtrail for me, splits were 11:27, 10:42, 10:33 and 10:33.  In the loose footing created by the snow, it ended up being a good workout.

Right now I'm doing a run similar to this every other day and taking the days between competely off. 

Nice workout Ray...

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

• Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    3. Jan 8, 2013 6:04 AM (in response to rcuriel)
    Re: Runs & Workouts, Sunday, December 6, 2013

Ray, I wonder if that's something we do as we get older, subconsciously turn back time... lol  Anyway, it was only 30 days, so not much more than one tick of the clock in the big scheme of things.

I've been taping my foot before running lately and checked my diet to be sure I'm getting what I need when it comes to eating right for optimal healing.

Turns out I was missing a couple of important vitamins, took care of that and am ALMOST pain free lately. 

You're close to running again, if it's just your shoulders that are sore from rowing, you're well on your way. 

I can tolerate being less than 100% this time of year, but come spring and racing season, I want this behind me... 

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...