Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1034 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2013 9:22 AM by carpedm2002
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 27, 2012 7:35 PM

New Year's Race Los Angeles Reviews

Share your experiences with the New Year's Race Los Angeles below Back to event details page.

• wngdwolf Rookie 2 posts since
    Jan 3, 2009
    1. Sep 27, 2012 7:49 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: New Year's Race Los Angeles Reviews

THIS IS AT NIGHT!!! START TIME IS 9PM!!!!!!!!  BUT ITS NOT EVEN IN THE NAME!!!!!
    DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS IF YOU THINK ITS A NORMAL 1/2 MARATHON!!!!!!!!!

• Knottsfreak Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 8, 2012
    2. Nov 19, 2012 5:38 PM (in response to Guest )

THIS IS AT NIGHT!!!  START TIME IS 9PM!!!  ITS NOT EVEN IN THE NAME....OHHH WAIT, it's in the EVENT SCHEDULE AND TIMES!!!  WHAAAATTT!!!!  OMG, PEOPLE ACTUALLY READ MORE THAN JUST THE TITLE!!!!  Can't wait for the run and looking forward to running in DODGER STADIUM!!!!

• jkong Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 27, 2009
    3. Jan 6, 2013 4:01 AM (in response to Guest )

Well organized, parking arrangements were great.  Route was hilly but very scenic of the good and the bad of Los Angeles.  Great inaugural race!

• PaulaPearson Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 5, 2012
    4. Jan 6, 2013 11:55 AM (in response to Guest )

Good inaugural race but here is a few suggestions on how to make it even better.

Option of mailing packets out, park and ride options as the parking and traffic was horrendous when we arrived at 7.30pm in Downtown to try and park near the start line.

The race was good with plenty of cheeky hills, the Dodgers car park bit of the course seemed to go on forever until eventually running inside. The support around the course was great and especially liked the drums at the bottom of the first hill. And the singing in the Dodgers stadium. There was more than enough water stations which was excellent. The volunteers did an absolutely outstanding job!!!!

Would I do it again? Might do especially if the mailing option is included.

• carpedm2002 Rookie 2 posts since
    Sep 23, 2008
    5. Jan 8, 2013 9:22 AM (in response to Guest )

Parking and traffic was horrible. There should have been traffic police officers on each corner. There was also a Clippers game going on. Not a good combination.

The run is hilly in Dodger stadium. We were running in and out of the Dodger stadium parking lot for 5 miles. At times it was scenic, but most of it was just a large empty parking lot without the parking lights turned on. I had two friends fall because of the large pot holes and pure darkest.

We did finally get to run IN Dodger stadium, but it was under construction. The floor was uneven -- you were either running on grass, dirt, or plywood. The big screen TV should had been on, this would have made the event more memorable.

We finally left Dodger Stadium. I thought we were going to run through a scenic route of downtown, but instead they had us run through crummy areas in downtown where you got to see hookers, the homeless, and people going to clubs. Some people thought it was skid road, but it?s not. I work in downtown, and I know where skid road is.

The website shows people running under the dragons in Chinatown, which of course leads you to believe that is part of the route, but it?s not. We should have been able to run in a safer more scenic route.

We had to walk back to our cars, which was about a mile away. Some people felt unsafe walking back through downtown. There should have been more police officers walking around, since they told people to park at Pershing Square.

They need more entertainment during the route.

Unless they change the route, I won?t be doing it again.

I also think they should high light that it is a hilly run on their website. A lot of people were caught off guard.

The expo was uneventful. They had about 10-15 booths. I was in and out of there in 10 min. Very disappointing.

Now for the positive ? plenty of water stations, great volunteers. The medal was very cool.

I realize this is their first year putting on this race, and there is a lot of work that goes into putting on a race, but there is a lot left to be desired -- especially with the sticker price to run this event.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...