Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

430 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2013 3:55 PM by dmckee17 RSS
dmckee17 Rookie 3 posts since
Apr 12, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 7, 2013 9:08 AM

Oxygen debt

Greetings, I just wanted to cast a thought out there not just about oxygen debt but the payment thereof. Through some of my personal experience, I've tried paying my oxygen debt just before a major hill or incline as opposed to paying during and after. While approaching said hill I deepen and increase the frequency of my breaths and "flood?" my blood with extra available oxygen, it really buffers the breathlessness when powering up a hill. Its essentially hyperventilating but it does work .I've never seen anything written about "when" you can pay before or after, ever tried it? comments?

• deanscox Pro 107 posts since
    Jan 3, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jan 8, 2013 7:42 PM (in response to dmckee17)
    Re: Oxygen debt

Interesting idea....so you simply hyperventilate in the lead up to a hill or a sprint?   

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...