Skip navigation

215 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 10, 2013 12:26 PM by ACottyKid RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 10, 2013 12:26 PM

Central Park 5k Fun Run Reviews

Share your experiences with the Central Park 5k Fun Run below Back to event details page.

• ACottyKid Rookie 3 posts since
    Apr 22, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jan 10, 2013 12:26 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Central Park 5k Fun Run Reviews

THIS EVENT IS PHONY! GIVE YOUR MONEY TO A REAL CHARITY, AND RUN A REAL 5K...THIS IS NOT ONE!

There is NO ORGANIZATION whatsoever. No one from the "charity" showed up for the December "5K" (they "organize" one every month...i.e. they have a continuously open link for you to give money to a fake charity).

I tried to contact the company, but I got no reply.

Basically, I gave my money to a phony "charity" so I can go to Central Park and run alongside people who were running for free, and a small group of other people who also had their money stolen.

There were NO people to welcome you, NO check-in, NO course markings, NO timing. NOTHING!

Do not give your money to these people unless they do something to prove they are a real charity.

Have a look at their "charity website" - not the pretty site they designed to take your money...the "charity" site where they are supposed to tell you about the inneer city children they are teaching ballroom dancing to...you will see that it is all filler writing; they don't actually give you information.

Shame on Active.com for contining to list this phony "charity" "event" on their site. TheMOV is not a real charity that I can find information on; I even emailed them to give them a chance to provide me with information to show that they are a real charity, and the "Central Park 5K" monthly event is not a real event. I attended the December scam, so I speak from experience.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...